Ollie - Final Results

Thanks again for all of your well wishes...

Our lovely vet just called to tell us that the preliminary urine test is in and that Ollie has a ph level of 8.2 (alkaline, I think - anyone else know???) and that no crystals could be grown at this stage but they will continue with the testing for a couple of days... However there is a high concentration of red blood cells (he believes this is due to an infection)...

So for now Ollie is still on antibiotics and he is feeling much better... We are sure there are no abnormalities or growths of any kind, which only leaves an infection which can be treated easily with antibiotics - great news...

Thanks again.

Jodie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to get a urine sample to take to the vet this morning and he just will not oblige...

I have to take him up with a sample as soon as I have one... Will update when I finish with the vet today. He does seem to be a whole lot better in himself.

Thanks

Jodie

Just got back from the vet and Ollies urine tests have more blood and protein in them. The samples are getting darker.

Vet has now suggested that Ollie have an xray on Monday, where they put some dye in his bladder and sedate him, so they can see if there are any growths in his bladder...

At this stage any sort of infection has now been ruled out as the lab work on blood and urine has come back clear...

Please keep your fingers crossed for us...

Thanks

Jodie

Vet just called and after discussing Ollie with a someone else, they have decided that he should be having an ultrasound... This will be better, as they the vet doing the ultrasound will take a needle biopsy of anything found at the time of the ultrasound...

So now we have to wait until next Friday and he has to go to the Phillip Animal Hospital in Canberra... I know I should not worry unless something is found but all tests and now the vet is talking to other vets - it is all a bit scary...

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Cheers

Jodie

Hi all,

Just picked Ollie up from the animal hospital in Phillip where he had an ultrasound that showed a large stone in his bladder...

So we have to call our vet on Monday and organise for him to have surgery to have it removed.

Thanks for all the concern and well wishes while we have been having the tests. It has been great to have others to talk to that understand how I feel about 'just a dog'... (the response I get when I talk about him to some people)...

Thanks again

Jodie

That's great news Staffyluv, at least you now know what it is and know that something can be done about it. Not knowing is the worst thing, all that worry waiting for test results etc. What's the long term prognosis, does the vet think that he could develop another stone later on or is there some dietary/medical treatment which may help prevent this?

Owwwww, that's got to hurt the little fighter.

Hope you vet will be open on Monday, so the stone can be removed as soon as possible.

I guess there's some relief in knowing he'll recover 100% but you must still be worried about the gorgeous little man. Hang in there!

The vet said there are 3 types of stones and only one is created from dietary problems, but they will not know what type it is until it is removed and sent away for testing...

I am so relieved with the news we got today, I was so worried when they started talking about tumors and diseases...

I think that our vet (who got the results before me) was relieved that it was a stone... When it was clear that there was no infection present, Hamish just said, lets hope it is a stone because we can treat that easily...

Ollie is a bit groggy from being knocked out for the ultrasound and he now has two shaved patches, one on each side of him - maybe he can set a new trend in staffy haircuts... Hubby reckons I should put his coat on him for his walks or the other dogs might laugh at his haircut...

Cheers

Jodie

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Jodie & Ollie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That is terrific news. :) Like the vet said he can treat the stones easily :)

The worst bit is over -- the not knowing.

But Beware -- more is to come

With his brand new hairdo -- that weird cult sect, the dreaded poodle gang, may take offense.

They may think Ollie is trying to muscle in on their turf and start a whole new cult of his own.

I say go for it Ollie :rofl: about time those poodles had some competition.

Dont forget though Ollie has also had a bit of time to plan his next few escapades in detail. :eek::eek::(

(((( take care Jodie ))))

the waiting and not knowing is now behind you ------ but I just know Ollie has some plans in the pipeworks to keep you entertained for awhile :eek: