Lure Coursing In Melbourne

my two dogs had a great time and went into the creek for a dip when they got home and are now asleep. I was surprised at the end of the run Moses actually got into the tunnel. Josh once again caught the lure and tried to bring it to me, and they had to do repairs. They had a heap of nice mandarines there. Josh won happiest dog at Emerald Winterfest and we got $15 voucher.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, Rosie had a run and I am glad she did run because she has had ants in her pants the last few days. Not sure she "gets" the idea of the lure (and she actually thinks plastic bags are boogie men!) but I am sure having a little "pro" dog in with her helped!

I have about 1.5 gig of photos to sort through ;) Got some great action piccies of all kinds of doggies. Will try to atleast post a couple of the DOL dogs :cry:

Rhi, had a chat with Wendy and Astro this morning. We were yacking on about AJ

(Elvis!). Rosie was fascinated by Astro and I think Astro liked the fact she was a real girl hehe.

I saw ya there Hedds, sorry I didnt come out to say hi. You would have seen me bailed up!! Did Banjo have a run? There are some awesome fast dogs there, some of the more speccy ones include Max, and a Kelpie. The little terriers were fun to watch! Crazzzzy!

Edited to add: pic of Max

post-9-1122852841.jpg

Edited by chezzyr

Please dont apologise, I could see you were busy as! ;)

We only went to have a look today, and to see Rosie and dogdayz 2 run. (and TD if I'd known ;) ) Banjo cut his paw on something in the park yesterday, it took ages to stop bleeding and he's a little tender on it, so we'll have a go next time. He was very interested in watching the lure through the fence today, but if he'll chase it at all?? :laugh:

It was a lovely afternoon, and such fun to see the dogs having a ball.

(my new place is about 5 mins from there chezzy, you'll have to all drop in next time :cry: )

OK, here is one of my little girl (as if I havent got enough action shots of her!!)

Was lovely of you to turn up for "moral support", Hedds. Kiss for Banjo for his sore paw. We will have to catch up for sure. I will be at KCC again on the 20th Aug (dog show and Rosie is entered) and hopefully back to enjoy the lure coursing end of Aug :cry:

Guest cloverfdch

Go Rosie Go :cry:, i am glad to hear she got to have a run ;).

Rhi, had a chat with Wendy and Astro this morning. We were yacking on about AJ

(Elvis!). Rosie was fascinated by Astro and I think Astro liked the fact she was a real girl hehe.

Aww nothing bad i hope :laugh:. Astro is such a stud, always checking out the girls.

Guest Tess32

Wow, go Max & Rosie?

Did Rosie chase the lure the whole way around?

I'll come to the next one in August and test out my poor new camera (with the non manual reading owner).

If Banjie doesn't come though I'll really need someone to run him with.

Nat

Rosie stepped on the line at one point and think got a fright so not sure how she would go next time....but she enjoyed having a run around anyway. Her lure buddy was a little Border Terrier (Caber's daddy actually). I just like trying her with different things, doesnt necessarily mean we will do it regularly though :)

There would be other dogs I am sure who would run around with the novices, just a matter of asking... :)

Awww, Caber's dad is gorgeous. Almost as cute as his son :)

Nat

Those Borders Ts are so cute and mischievious :D There was a baby there, either a daughter or sister to Fergal (Caber's dad) and she had a little go at the lure coursing too and was barking at the lure :) Such a little mite too.

Guest Tess32

Last time I saw three (I think) of the BT's run together and they were brill!

Also two little very enthused cresties.

The ridgebacks themselves were awesome though - it's a great thing to watch.

Nat

Hi Nat :D

Banjo should be fine to have a go next time. Just one of those things Saturday, he was off in the bush and came back to me with a bleeding paw. A small slice on his pad, gee so much blood for such a little cut. :D I didnt want to risk opening it up again yesterday.

But everyone there was so friendly, I'm sure someone would let you run Reilly with their dog, if Banjie decides it's only fun to watch, not do....... :)

Some of those dogs really are awesome! Talk about keen.. :)