Eagle Pack

Another Eagle Pack fan here ;)

If you're a breeder (and therefore are likely to go through a lot of the dog food) you can try to get the "breeder" bags - 23.5 kg's - I pay $125.20 for a 23.5 kg bag of the "Power" formula.  :laugh:

kez, can you tell me where you get the breeder bags from? Thanks :rofl:

Ring Anthony at Eagle Pack, and talk to him about getting the Breeder bags (don't tell him I told you so, he might be getting sick of me telling everyone to ring him :) ) - I sometimes have a bit of trouble getting them, but that's because I have to get mine ordered through PetStock. :rofl:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porkys Pet Supplies? Might be called Porky's greyhound supplies or something like that. 2 factories down, right round the corner from Freeway Ford.

They also have great hessian covered foam mats for $6 and $8 at the moment. The $8 are really big, and the foam is quite thin and firm. Great for outside or in the kennel with a blankie on top... (and no, I dont work there) :thumbsup:

Alright, Hedds, if you're out there!! LOL

I couldn't for the life of me find Porky's ... i found a fish & tackle place around the corner from Ford (unless i'm totally in the wrong spot in Cranbourne). Do you remember what else was around, or do you have a physical address?

oh... bright idea.. i could look it up in the white pages hahaha

I have put Skye on it while she was pregnant and now while the pups are growing, they are/will be on it too (they still on sludge - there no other way to put it)..

Love it. But I also have my dogs on lamb briskets, chicken necks/wings etc... I also use Petz saussage to add some variety "wet" to their diet.

I get my 15kg bags for $65, so it is even cheaper than feeding Supercoat at $42/bag (as you have to feed more of it)

Does anyone know if Eagle pack has a breeders club?

Lablover......have you raised a litter on Eagle pack? If so what forumla did you feed and what forumla did you feed the mum?

Aw what a bummer goldielover, to go out of your way and not find it. :p

So sorry, I should have looked up the correct address for you the other day.

It is:

Porkys Pet Supplies

Factory 2, 10 Arundel Street St

Cranbourne

03 5996 7110

Freeway Ford is on your left just as you come into Cranbourne, from Dandy.

Cross over the railway line and get into the service lane.

Look at all the nice shiney new Fords :eek: , then turn left at the corner. The used car part of Ford will be on your left then.

There is a driveway going into 2 factories on your left, right after the car yard.

It is the right hand factory, in that set of 2.

I hope this helps......... let me know how you go.

(There is a big sign high up, above the factory doors saying Porkys)

Thanks for that Hedds. I am actually sure i've seen it before, so i have no idea what i did wrong yesterday! I'll head out either later to day or tomorrow on my quest and try again!!

KJ, i'm not sure about a breeders club per se, but on their website you can contact them for puppy samples which they will send out to the pet store you purchase Eagle Pack from, when they make their next order - hope that helps.

I usually feed either Eagle Pack or Purina Pro Plan. Mum is doing so well on Purina Puppy at the moment, but i'm a bit peeved at their breeders club membership rules (you need to buy 100kg of dry before you are allowed membership, which is all well and good but i only own 1 girl!!!!). I can understand them not wanting to just give out freebies willy nilly, but 100kg!! Like others i don't just feed dry, so it will take me well over a year to go through that amount of dry food. Perhaps after a purchase of 2 of their 17 kg bags would be sufficient to join the club! Anyway, i've had by whinge for the day! :eek: :protest:

Hi there,

I have only been using the holistic Chicken for about 4 weeks and have found it amazing :p Bailey's skin problems have got alot better and even his ears and eyes are just about clear now too. Not to mention his coat is shinier as well ;)

I think Eagle Pack is brilliant :eek:

I get my 15kg bags for $65, so it is even cheaper than feeding Supercoat at $42/bag (as you have to feed more of it)

$65, wow that's cheap. where do you get it from and which formula is it?

I"ve had one of my dogs on eagle pack senior for about a month and he's doing really well on it. I'm thinking of changing my younger dog to eagle natural to see how he goes because he's not doing well on pro plan.

I have only been using the holistic Chicken for about 4 weeks and have found it amazing :rofl: Bailey's skin problems have got alot better and even his ears and eyes are just about clear now too. Not to mention his coat is shinier as well :laugh:

Did you post a while back concerned about Eagle Pack discolouring Weims coats? Glad you decided to give it a shot anyway and like it - so, has it made any difference to coat colour? Or just a myth as we thought?

Got mine from a local distributer in Brisbane. I get breeder's rates.

Its Puppy formula, yellow bag 15kg. I dont have the product list handy to give you full details. As I was expecting a litter I bought two bags at once, so whether that contributed to being cheaper I dont know.

But as I either have to travel to get it, or they have to travel to deliver it, I normally buy bulk to save petrol/freight.

Another Eagle Pack fan here :D

If you're a breeder (and therefore are likely to go through a lot of the dog food) you can try to get the "breeder" bags - 23.5 kg's - I pay $125.20 for a 23.5 kg bag of the "Power" formula.  :rofl:

kez, can you tell me where you get the breeder bags from? Thanks ;)

Ring Anthony at Eagle Pack, and talk to him about getting the Breeder bags (don't tell him I told you so, he might be getting sick of me telling everyone to ring him :o ) - I sometimes have a bit of trouble getting them, but that's because I have to get mine ordered through PetStock. :)

Thanks very much kez :laugh::rofl:

Does anyone know if Eagle pack has a breeders club?

Lablover......have you raised a litter on Eagle pack? If so what forumla did you feed and what forumla did you feed the mum?

They do not have breeders club like a couple of other brands, as they try to keep their costs low. They do not seem to be advertise for that very reason, just word of mouth.

Yes I have raised puppies on the natural formula before large breed puppy become available in Australia.

My girls are fed Power. Naturally after whelping their appetites are HUGE.

Interestingly, pups from a repeat mating seemed to have slower growth spurts, when fed large breed puppy than the first litter which were raised on natural, but at nearly 8 months of age have caught up.

I was concerned feeding Power (protein levels) to an elderly labrador who switched to Eagle Pack at 12 but at 15 still continues to plug away. As previously posted she had been tried for 2 year periods on BARF, Pro plan, Euk but since she has been fed Eagle Pack she keeps amazing me. All other extras including drug therapy are no longer required!!!

Needlesss to say I like Eagle Pack dog food, LOL. It might not suit every dog but my experience has been positive.

Did you post a while back concerned about Eagle Pack discolouring Weims coats? Glad you decided to give it a shot anyway and like it - so, has it made any difference to coat colour? Or just a myth as we thought?

Yes that was me. I am glad too that I gave it a try it has been great so far :worship:

His coat has not changed colour like I was told, you guys were right :rofl: His coat has actually improved HEAPS, no more spots.

Edited by Weimlover

Thanks Lablover.....I am going to give it a try with my next litter(Hopefully I can force myself to put my girl on a plane to visit her boyfriend :( ). I used Eukanuba LB puppy last time(3 .5 years ago) and I was happy with it but as I do now feed Eagle pack and my labs do so well on it!

What age do you switch the formula?

That is interesting about the differences you noticed in the puppies growth rates.....I remember a few years lots of people told me not to use large breed food, as it made the puppies grow too fast, but it is now widely known that the opposite is the case.

Regarding switching formula, now that is a curly one. :(

I have asked soooo many vets this very question.

14 vets:

4 say ideal age is 2.5 years.

4 say ideal age is 18 months.

4 say 12 months.

2 say 6 months.

My labs in hard work are changed over to Power at 14 - 16 months.

I have always thought around 12 months for the change, but will have to check out the Eagle Pack bag to see what they recomend.

Just out of interest, Lablover, how many cups per day do you feed your working dogs?