State Obedience & Agility Champ Show Vic

Guest Tess32

Just got back from obedience dog of the year. I entered the trial and didn't want to say anything to jinx myself (nerves). Got there thismorning and nerves turned to terror after check-in when I found a friend who Bella loves was our steward, I had visions of Bella jumping all over her in the figure 8. Luckily though we managed to stumble through, get a pass and CD title (don't know how, even when the judge said left about turn I completely forgot how that was done, I still have no idea which way I turned I was so nervous :p

Bella is now Champ Wameika Dentelle CD AD O-NGC O-NJC NAC. I am very proud of her as she was my first show dog, then my first agility titled dog now my first obedience titled dog and has done this all in spite of her handler.

The Obedience Dog Of The Year was fantastic to watch, they all deserved to be there and were excellent dogs, just little things made the difference to the final order. Overall winner was a Dobermann OC Crackerdobe Watta Cracker ET, runner up was a Border Collie OC Tarlang Highland Piper HIT.

Guest cloverfdch

Way to go Helen, and of course Bella :p, that is wonderful news.

So i should not ask if you are entered into Agility tomorrow? ;)

Hi, I am not going tomorrow. I was actually intending to enter the agility not the obedience but I missed the closing date so entered the obedience instead - maybe it was meant to be.

There is a Brittany cross in the Jumping Dog of The Year called Tahlia, a fantastic dog. I will miss out on watching but will have my fingers and toes crossed for them.

Edited by helen

Huge congrats Helen. It couldnt be done without a great handler. You go girl! :(

Was the obedience dog of the year the class I saw in the arvo? Started around 2ish? Only one Dobe in it???

What a shame I missed this morning. I would have LOVED to have been able to cheer you on....... I hope you are sipping a glass of champers right now. ;)

Congrats to both you and Bella once again. :p

Thanks, I will be smiling for a week. That was the Dog Of The Year competition that started in the afternoon. Dogs have to qualify to enter, they submit their scores from UD and Open for the year. Their average scores range from 196.9 to 189.2 out of 200 so as you can imagine they are all spectacular dogs. I was hoping the Border Collie would win (had to of course, our friend that was stewarding and sitting with me watching has Border Collies so I have come to really love watching them work)

Thanks Rusky - we are off to do some open training now :-).

Hedds, that's right - here is a link to the vic obedience sight with the final results - http://www.geocities.com/vicobedience/news.htm - the cattle dog must be the associate.

Tollersowned - there was a Toller in entered in encouragement at the trial, isn't on the results page though, I think I may have seen it, a very good looking dog reminds me of Nova.

Edited by helen