Cadence

TangerineDream

In memory of A. Ch Heiderst Quay Largo......aka Cadence, who left to go stormchasing in the big skies last Monday aged 10 years and 8 months - a rapidly growing abdominal cancer put paid to the most wonderful companion I have ever had.

scd.jpg

Great sadness.......

atm, a couple of budgies (B1 and Attila the hun) are helping to fill the enormous void left by the passing of a dog who possessed character but not ego, and a prescence that made everyone around him love him to bits!

:rofl: what a handsome man he was, looked proud but not arrogant.

he sounds like your hearthound, so sorry you have lost him.

welcome to the forums, hope we can support and comfort you.

fifi & hounds

Thanks for your kind thought guys...

Fifi, 'hearthound' is a really appropriate term......I find myself suddenly bursting into tears.....I'm at the "I just want him back" stage and struggling rather - I've collected 350 beautiful character shots from the past couple of years and they give me great joy in amongst the sadness.....

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean by the "I just want him back" stage, I just lost my little one two and a half weeks ago and I can relate completely. The tears still happen on and off, over silly little things. You are fortunate to have so many pictures. They aren't the same as having him with you, but will remind you of all the good times. I only wish I had done the same with pictures, you always think there'll be plenty of time later..

in sympathy

Jo

My sympathy for your loss. What a handsome boy!

I cried for months when my boy had to part the earth in June this year. Go easy on yourself, that's what he would want for you.

Welcome to the forum. There are many folks here who understand how you feel. My tears came back when I saw your post and pic of him. I'll light a candle for him tonight. My blessings to you, B1 and Attila the hun.

wE LOST OUR bESSY BUGGER 4 YRS AGO AND I STILL MISS HER SO MUCH. . EVERY TIME I WALKED OUT THE DOOR I STILL WENT TO STEP OVER HER. SHE WAS THE RUNT OF A POODLE LITTER AND WAS MEANT TO BE A BORDER COLLIE. YOU CAN IMAGINE THE LOOK ON MY HUSBANDS FACE WHEN HE SAW WHAT I BOUGHT HOME! HE LOVED HER AS MUCH AS OUR DAUGHTER AND I DID AND EVEN THOUGH HE NOW HAS HIS B/C, WE MISS HER. THE PRICE OF JOY IS THE PAIN ISNT IT. HAPPY MEMORIES!!!

Thank you so much to all of you, and my sympathy in return to those of you who have also suffered the loss of a beloved companion.....

Today was a better day and walked up the street as he and I used to, and didn't fall over in a screaming heap.....

I wanted to share with you a couple of real 'Cadence' pictures....the first taken late last year on a stormchase in central Victoria - his favourite pastime!

09120403.jpg

and this one - taken earlier this year, with love shining from his eyes -

09040501.jpg

He truely is beautiful. Anyone can see that. His eyes look much like my Bully's, Harmless and incredibly insightful. We lost a Pug girl last year and quite suddenly. I REALLY do understand. Everytime I think I wish I hadn't known her. My husband says we were LUCKY to have known her, if only till she was 1 1/2 yrs. I fight back tears reading the rainbow post threads :thumbsup: Tyler

As time passes you realise the gift they left you with. Sorry, I'm having another sook as I write. Better to have loved and lost. Thanks for the pics, what an outstandingly handsome dog. I don't know what else to say but am close to knowing how you feel. My prayers be with you and Cadence.

Letter to Cadence...

There's no-one here to clean the cream from the dessert bowl or eat the leftover rice from my Chinese..no-one lying on the mattress in the sun, no-one to walk up and down the street at ungodly hours in all weathers. No-one to tuck into the basket in the car...no-one demanding my toast.....

You used to stand up as soon as I drove through the chicane on the way home - when did you stop? You were always so patient, never nagging...... When the spider got you, you were so trusting, so sure that i would help....you put up with so much and all you wanted to do was be with me....

You loved travelling....everytime you got our of the car it was an adventure - the day the Subaru arrived, you took it over & I forgot you were there - out there in the driveway with the car door open...guarding 'your' car. A set of keys jingling always made you get to your feet and come to see what was happening and where we were going.......

That last week, you cleaned your face on the doona like you always had, and rolled in delight on the bed, wriggling like a puppy scratching its back.....

That last week, you stood on the block above the house in a show stand that would have got you Best of Breed, and I wished I had the camera...you stood nosing into the wind....and stood, and stood and stood.......

You knew this house from the very beginning - you knew it all...you loved it here and I'm so pleased that you got to see it finished, but so sad that you didn't really get to sunbake from window to window as the sun moved through the day...this house was designed as much for you as it was for me.....

You knew your time had come before I was prepared to admit it, but deep down, we both knew there had been a turning point that day in autumn when you wanted to cuddle up and didn't want to go away from me for ages...you were uncertain, didn't know what you were feeling...

I remember the trip home nearly 11 years ago - you did really well till the Victorian border & then you threw up all over me, but you were happy to stay sitting in my lap.... Tegan adopted you, which really surprised me..and you adored her. You were so easy to train for obedience and show.....as long as I had cheese..... A pretty baby, you chewed my arm and wrist for months till I felt guilty...but the vet told me you'd grow out of it...and you did - and became incredibly gentle..except if someone gave you a dumbell...or a possum.....

(to be continued)

• 3 weeks later...

I went for a walk along the river with Cadence's memory yesterday to celebrate

him being part of my life for the past 11 years - and I felt strongly that

he was actually there with me as I walked.......it was so strong I could almost see his shadow walking along in front of me....

I wanted to spent some time just with him alone before Tango (aka 'TornadoChaserDog') is born in the next day or two.

Cadence then has another presence to walk alongside him through my

mind and my life....today it is me and him and only me and him.......... and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow there will be three souls.....

• 3 weeks later...

(I wrote this 6 weeks later)....

Cadence,

you are still so real to me that I can reach out and touch you and feel your coat and smell your breath and keep loving you.

I turned around yesterday when the sun was flooding into the house and I could almost see you lying on the floor, raising your head when you heard my steps...

You're still here...aren't you?!!!!

(and from tonight).....

Tango (my Christmas GSP puppy to come)....

On the 2nd October, 12 weeks before you are due to come home, I've already started 'nesting' - the dog blankets are washed and the crate's already up in the bedroom....the puppy bag is ready to go...and I can hardly wait!! I don't know which pup you are in the litter, but I get the feeling that Cadence will be bringing you home.........

Edited by AUSSKY