Lure Coursing Melbourne 28th Aug

I thought I'd start a fresh post for the Lure Coursing in Melbourne this Sunday.

Who's going? I am definately going unless something unexpected happens!

Does everyone know what we look like? Me, I'm tall with shoulder length brown hair and I will have a stunning GSD with me. Do a search on Jyra in the pictures forum and you'll find pictures of her. I might also have my Mum with me.

Jyra is a bit funny with other dogs. If you are willing to see if Jyra will get along with your dog, that'd be good, but I warn you that she is sometimes aggressive to other dogs, but has never hurt one, and she gets along with some dogs. Jyra likes to dominate other dogs and would probably get along better with more submissive dogs. I'd be happy to try and see how she goes, but it's up to you if you want to risk it, I don't want to cause any psychological damage to your dog.

If Jyra doesn't figure out what to do, it'd be good if she could run with another dog, but we'd have to find one that she gets along with.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be there, and my sister (Phoenix on DOL) and her crazy beagle are coming too. I'm bringing Indi the 9month old GSD who looks like this :

101_2968.jpg

And I'm not sure who else yet. I could bring Tiger but she's not all that social and probably wont chase anything or I could bring Al the greyhound but he wouldn't be allowed to run. Indi is very friendly but sometimes gets a bit overwhelmed when she sees heaps of dogs, it usually only takes her a couple of minutes to get back to normal - then she goes bananas and runs around like a mad thing :p

We can't wait!! I guess we bring our own food for the BBQ?

Guest Tess32

I'll be going if the weather holds up - but I'm a bit concerned about the state of the

ground for the course considering KCC gets so boggy.

Nat

I'm hoping to be there. Lilli won't be able to have a run because she's just been spayed unfortunately because I think she'd love it

Todd will have a turn. I don't think he'll get as excited as Lilli but I'm sure he'll have fun.

Guest Tess32

Ok weather sounds good, yay.

We all bringing food or no?

I forgot to look for BBQs on Saturday.

I'll give Reilly The Embarrassing another go.

Nat

Guest cloverfdch

I will get it out of my system now Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... we cannot make it, darn Flyball :D i am rostered on to help set up at club on Sunday so there is no way i can get out of it. Poor Clover misses out again, i hope they have another day soon i dont want my girl to get too old to have a good run.

Have fun everyone, and i look forward to seeing lots of pics :p.

Guest cloverfdch
Why don't you have a sickie?

I wish, but with the Adelaide Royal coming up we only have about 2 or 3 training sessions left, and i think i would be told not to bother going to Adelaide if i missed anymore training sessions :D.

LOL well u could ave done flyball last week .... instead of Herding ohhh the choices we make hehehe

:p It was an easy choice to make.

will be there with 1 2 or 3 dogs.

hey Nat Reilly might have improved, Beck did heaps since the first time you saw, and a couple of weeks ago (not to say there is not room for further improvement :laugh: ).

Not sure if Charlie is coming, took him tracking last weekend and he jumped out the car window when i left him (amazed he could fit through such a small gap so easily - so he is in disgrace at present), though i could do with a nice piccy if him :laugh:

Might be nice weather on Sunday :laugh:

Well we still hope to be there though I suppose we better go to dog club first :laugh:

Rosie got a bit of a scare from the cable last time so might not be keen, though if we did let her have a go she would definitely need a running partner to egg her on.

What is happening about food? :D

Guest Tess32

I agree, bring food for yourself, but we can still share.

Are we gonna eat before, during, or after?

DD - Bring Charlie, I wanna take photos :laugh:

I HOPE R is a bit better this time :laugh:

Nat