Deleted

I recommend both equally as heartworm preventatives that are "all in one" treatments, but the choice of product usually comes down to other owner / pet factors.

If you have a current flea problem:

Advocate

Sentinel + topical flea treatment (ie. Frontline or Advantage)

If you have a regular swimmer:

Sentinel

If you have trouble with tablets / any other reason that spot on would work better:

Advocate + tapewormer 3 monthly.

Thats just very briefly - if Advocate suits you, and you're happy giving a 3 monthly tablet then I see no reason that you should change.

Edited by Rappie

Sentinel - you can buy it singularly from the vets if you want, so don't have to outlay a whole 6 month box at a time. LOL.

One of my dogs thinks they're lovely lollies, and gobbles them down. The other I have to ram it down his throat - had for a large breed - have you seen the size of those tablets? He's also good at trying to hide them in his huge boxer flews:)

But yeah, I love sentinel - figure if I'm going to cover fleas, hearworm, and intestinal worm, may as well dose all with the same product if at all possible

-WithEverythingIAm

Sentinel - you can buy it singularly from the vets if you want, so don't have to outlay a whole 6 month box at a time. LOL.

You shouldn't be able to buy it in singles- that's illegal, it obviously doesn't come with the warning sheet every time you buy it??? Being a Vet Nurse you should know that.

It is packaged in a six pack and that's how it's supposed to be sold- in the packaging with the instruction/warning sheets. The company will not cover you or your Vet if it's not sold as it arrived from the manufacturer.

Mel.

Edited by StaffordsRule

It is a legal requirement by the APVMA (Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority) that all products are sold as per the registration ie. a 6 - month pack of Sentinel or Advocate MUST be sold in the original packaging with the original insert.

I too thought that it is legally able to be sold seperatly as long as the info sheet is given. Sentinel also does puppy packs which contains one tablet and the info sheet for new pups on there first visits.

Personally i dont like the idea of giving them out seperatly due to the fact that the person may not continue each month if they dont have them on hand as it would be easier to forget or if they just couldnt be bothered one month to go buy it.

You shouldn't be able to buy it in singles- that's illegal, it obviously doesn't come with the warning sheet every time you buy it??? Being a Vet Nurse you should know that.

You are allowed to sell it in singles PROVIDING you

a: apply it for the customer

b: put it in the original box so the customer has all the directions and warnings

This is what I've been told by my francisor (mobile hydrobath)

You are allowed to sell it in singles PROVIDING you

a: apply it for the customer

b: put it in the original box so the customer has all the directions and warnings

This is what I've been told by my francisor (mobile hydrobath)

LOL - so you apply the "sentinel" (by mouth), then give them the rubbish? haha Do they take it? Info sheets have all the directions & warnings - even more than the box does!

No as long as it comes with an info sheet each time, then it is all perfectly legal! Same goes for Revolution, Advantage, Heartgard, Interceptor. You used to be able to buy Frontline in singles, but not anymore.

-WithEverythingIAm

- edited - crap spelling

Edited by witheverythingiam

I have just changed from Advantage Duo to Sentinel. Dog would always skulk away when I put it on, and I hate them smell and not being able to cuddle her for 24 hours.

I got my sentinel white online for $74.61 per 6 pack. I dont know how that compares for you guys, but thats $15- $20 cheaper than I could get it locally.

I've been using Sentinel for over 8yrs now (adding tapeworm medication every 3mths before it became Sentinel Spectrum).

It's great, one tablet once a month and that is the only medication they get.... have never had any problems and have never seen a flea on them in all that time :rolleyes:

I buy it online from www.petdirect.com.au - Sentinel Spectrum White for $69.95.

Well if you go to Priceless Pets you can get the large breed Sentinel Spectrum for $57.40 a better deal there I think.

Thanks Anne - definitely a better price!.... need to order some soon so I know where I will be going :rolleyes: