Pyohex Lotion

Winterpaws

I was lucky enough to have been given some Pyohex lotion to try on Henry and those areas of his skin where we are having trouble getting the hair growth back

This stuff is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We apply every night to the areas behind is knees and under his chin. After two weeks we are now starting to get hair through under his neck

It's a great product and I really reccomend it - especially for people who have dogs with demo mange or flea dermatitis!

Peibe - DollarSave at Charmhaven sell it and it is closer to you. Right near the pound so we can always grab you some and give to Jenny to bring up for you

Yep I will need it, Blaize's skin is coming along nice now that he is getting good food :(

Let me know when next and I will give Jen some $

Pyohex Lotion is great....I got it from local vet surgery. I used to put a bit of the Pyohex Shampoo on any area Gracie was scratching & biting at. Trying to stop it turning inflamed & infected...a hotspot. But the lotion's better for doing that.

But I cannot get over what a difference diet makes. In the last few months, Gracie's been kept off any food with preservatives & artificial colourings. And the difference has been amazing. No hotspots, hardly ever scratches & her skin looks healthy (she's also been clipped right back).

So the Pyohex Lotion isn't being used much!

Edited by mita

It cleared up Ruski's hotspots in a day. I haven't treated them before so I don't know if that was fast, but it impressed me! :mad

It was from the vet's, and had only just become available in October.

BTW I was told to keep it in the fridge.

Yep - it's great stuff!

I've used it in the past for "puppy staph" on my Dobes (typically can appear on their neck, chest and upper front legs during adolescence), lather it up, wait 5-10 minutes and then rinse off.... repeat every couple of days and very quickly the rash went away :wave:

I purchased it from my local vet :mad

I've used it in the past for "puppy staph" on my Dobes (typically can appear on their neck, chest and upper front legs during adolescence), lather it up, wait 5-10 minutes and then rinse off.... repeat every couple of days and very quickly the rash went away :mad

Sounds like you had the shampoo, caslero.

Did you know you can get it in a lotion now? Much more concentrated and you can leave it on. :wave:

Did you know you can get it in a lotion now? Much more concentrated and you can leave it on. :wave:

Wow! I didn't know that - I've been using the shampoo on Chili (known as the naked mole rat dog at the moment :mad )

I better give the squeaker that Santa has bought her to the puppies and get her some of the lotion for christmas instead!

Sounds like you had the shampoo, caslero.

Did you know you can get it in a lotion now? Much more concentrated and you can leave it on. 

Thanks for that Mana..... just reread the thread and saw the word "lotion" :mad - I have only used the shampoo in the past.

Lotion sounds ideal - might get some to keep on hand - thanks again :wave:

Hey Jen - sorry yes Petbarn should stock it. If not let me know because we definetely have it up here at Dollar Save

Peibes I think I might see Jenny on Thursday - will sort something out for you!

Edited by Winterpaws