Best Heart And Intestinal Wormers

What is your vet's advice? Everyone will say what they think but the most important opinion is your vet's opinion.

I do not use any supermarket brands...I use Interceptor Spectrum for all my dogs b/c it's safe, effective and affordable. It covers all intestinal worms and heartworm prevention.

I use Heartgard plus covers heart and intestinal worms. have used it for years and never had a problem.

I do not need to use flea protection, as where I live there are no fleas, as it is hard compacted clay soil, and they do not survive. The dogs that I have here would not know what a flea was.

Where I lived previously, near a beach, the fleas were incredible, and I used Sentinel then. Had to use a flea bomb as well in the kennels.

Thank God for clay soil. :laugh:

I have always had the injection for Ollie for Heart worm and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the tablet I used to get for worming him :laugh:

Since he started on chemo and did not have his annual vaccinations (which included the heart worm injection), the vet suggested Paragard - this has an allworm tablet (which I give every 3 months) and heart worm chews (which I give monthly) - It cost $56, which I thought was pretty good for 6 months worming...

Jodie

Guest LittlePixie

I have used Sentinel Spectrum before. This was fine until the fleabag next door kept pottering into our yard, bringing his festy friends with him... we found a couple of fleas on my housemate's dog so just to make sure, I switched my guys onto Advantage Duo and Paratak Plus as well.

My old girl Brandy has the annual, Proheart SR12 injection for heartworm prevention and Drontal for intestinal worms.....My other pooches are on Advantage Duo for fleas and heartworm and Drontal for intestinal worms.

I have not had a problem with any of these products.

I used to buy the Heartgard combo packs for my boys until I realised the paragard all wormer tablets don't match the weight of the heartgard chewables. :laugh: For example:

Chewables (Blue) for dog up to 11kg - the all wormer tablets only go up to 10kg

Chewables (Green) for dogs 12-22kg - the all wormer tablets only go up to 20kg

Chewables (Brown) for dogs 23-45kg - the all wormer tablets only go up to 35kg

With our boys we usually buy the green and brown packs - but while they fit within the weight range for the heartgard chews they are over the weight range of the all-wormers.

Now I just buy my all wormer tablets through my vet.

Guest LittlePixie
How much have you been paying for Sentinal Spectrum, and for what weights?

Get it through www.pricelesspets.com.au

You won't find it cheaper :laugh:

As far as i know, Priceless Pets do not have a secure server for credit card payments. I have used them on 3 occasions over the last year and they are very efficient. When i place an order i email them for their direct deposit details and do it that way....

I have a friend in Qld that phones them with her credit card number.