Ole' Rastus Ex-renbury On 27/12/05 Has Gone

wizard1

We got Rastus out of Renbury the day after Boxing Day and due to his age, he was not up for adoption but was a permanent AWL dog. He was microchipped and life registered but his family did not come to Renbury to take him home. He stayed with "Scruffy" in the Blue Mountains for the last 9 weeks of his life. He loved everyone including including Scruffy's little dogs who in turn loved him and played with him, and the 3 big dogs who were very gentle with him. Sadly, a week ago he started suffering breathing difficulties and went downhill from there, and last night Scruffy had to take him to the vet to help him across the Bridge. I am in tears at work, and I'm know Scruffy is devastated. Run free old man. We had you such a short time, but you made such an impact on all who knew you.

post-2190-1140563713_thumb.jpg

Rest easy dear old Rastus :cry:

16yo is a good old age for a Collie Wizard1, my Dana only lived till 14.5 yo but had a bad heart the last 6 months of her life. It doesn't make it any easier but please let Scruffy know that Rastus had a good innings and is at peace now :rofl: ;) .

Regards,

Corine

• 1 month later...

Actually i do remember him Wizard1 i was at Renbury one day when he was still impounded and i was shocked by his condition and also relieved to see that he had animal welfare league written on the front of his cage. He was so sad looking when i saw him. I had no idea what had happened untill now. He has a lovely expression on his face he looks so gentle and lovely. It's sad that he had to suffer and get the point that he was in such bad shape but fitting and just that he got to spend the end of his life in comfort and peace and totally adored. What angles you are. I know how sad it is when i dog dies but i think that he couldnt have had a happier ending he got to know what real love and care was before he left this earth and isn't that what we all want?