Deleted

hi,

i was at the vets thurs night and they told me that doggies normal temp range is 37-39 degrees c..... if it is 39 then it is on the higher end so id be watching closely.

of course if she has excercised or been excited or stressed this will go up. so best to get the range at resting.

dogs can get depression, but i doubt this is your problem...

with all the parvo scares around lately i'd be watching puppy closely and even perhaps go in for an early diagnosis....

but might just be a tummy upset or something

let us know how you go.

I have a Cavalier who has HD and I know when she has pain as she goes very quiet. She will still do the normal eating and pooing, weeing etc but she sleeps a lot and becomes a little remote., and snores mor deeplyShe doesn't limp or anything, but she walks slowly and tentatively. The best thing is rest and maybe some heat, and she then goes to the chiro or acupuncturist. The vet would probably give you anti-inflammatories but sometimes this can mask the real problem.

Good luck

Edited by CavsRcute

Oh, poor little thing. And poor you. It's a worry. My previous Border Collie boy developed an abscess on his spine after injuring his neck. (Running one way and looking another, I think - I wasn't home when it happened.) The original injury seemed to clear up, but then a little while later, he was sore and poorly again, with temp. this time, and the abscess was diagnosed. The good news was that antibiotics fixed him up with no further problems.

Hope your girl's problem is as easily fixed.

Barb

I'm no doubt looking really stupid here but I've never heard of dogs getting meningitis (though I can quite see that they could!) - did your vet suggest what might have brought it on ? Is it viral or bacterial ? My boy has tonsillitis at the moment - another human complaint I'd never thought of dogs getting !