Poodle Trims

JAG

Following on from another thread, as promised, here are a few of my kids in their different trims. Depending on how I feel when I start to groom is what dictates the trim of the week. Oh and also the mess they have gotten themselves into before their baths. Generally they are bathed once a week with a full do every 2nd week. :laugh:

Hooray, how refreshing to see poodles looking absolutely gorgeous; there is nothing worse than seeing a poodle with a show clip and various parts of their body totally bald especially their rump!! I could never understand as to why it is mandatory that show poodles are clipped in such a manner; I can understand that it was once supposedly carried out for hunting or working poodles but I think tradition should be seen for the reason it got started in the 1st place and I really don't think the reason for such fugly clips apply to the show poodle.

Yours look STUNNING.

lol Zorro, the long coat on a show poodle as in pics one is the puppy clip. The hair clipped is the Continental Clip. No it doesnt have to be that way, you can have the lion trim, thats where 3 poms go down the back leg.

So I guess you'll luv the pics I put up, Here ya go, and just remember, if we had a choice, alot of ppl would clip their poodle off, it would make it less time consuming and stop the damn pain in my arms when I do the dogs.

post-8921-1145236827_thumb.jpg Continental

post-8921-1145236888_thumb.jpg Lion

post-8921-1145237713_thumb.jpg Puppy

post-8921-1145237161_thumb.jpg lamb with a difference lol. (bedlington)

Edited by Sivaro

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Poodles are a coated breed and need to be shown with some coat, a poodle in full show clip is a magnificent sight! The continental trim is traditional and shows off the poodle's beautifully muscled rear end. It is no different to any shortcoated breed viewed from the backend.

If you want to talk about fugly, look at the some of the brachycephalic breeds.

OI!!! Leave the brachycephalic breeds out of it! They at least in most cases dont needs hours of trimming!

But Every Dog is beautiful in its own way & every owner thinks their dog is beautiful.

I can appreciate a good "show do" on any breed I personally prefer the continental clip on the Poodle,

Sivaro not a bad impression of a "lamb clip" but where is your leg furnishings????? :laugh:

Jacq

Thanks Sivaro. Love your photos too. :laugh: Actually I negated to put the show ones on there as I thought some wouldn't like them. :)

As mentioned before I am a traditionalist and LOVE the show trims although it does take me some time to do them. I am still wet behind the ears in that regards (grooing) although I have been showing for a long time. Always had someopne else to do the do for me. Pets, now that's a different thing. Have been grooming them for many years....

Hey Zorro, I appreciate your comments as many people don't like the Poofy poodle trims but hey - each to thier own. I think it is wonderful to see a well groomed poodle in a lamb trim going for a walk with their owners. Nothing wrong with that!

Hey Jag, you have put pics up of show trims. Look at your avatar lol. Anyway put more up, love looking at pics. Your dogs are beautiful, may I ask the breeding? I just luv proud poodles that are full ov themself.

thought i would put my new baby I bred on here. She is 7 weeks old now but pic taken at 6 weeks.

post-8921-1145262009_thumb.jpg Dixie saying rack off will ya

post-8921-1145261889_thumb.jpg Dixie stacking properly being good.

Edited by Sivaro

:):rofl::rofl: Thankyou JAG!

All your dogs look lovely in their pet trims. I've found it hard to find inspiration for different pet trims- poodlefan's dogs aside- but here's some more! My favourite is still your boy with the flat-top- I can see that suiting my Oscar, too, as he's an active boy who likes to get his legs wet. All the dogs look nicely balanced.

About the trims for show: I've come full circle on the whole idea. I used to hate the look as I thought it made all poodles look overly pampered and not like "proper dogs". It seemed a shame that those who didn't know the breed would think of them in that way, instead of as the intelligent, athletic companions they are. Gotta love the dog for what it is, not worry about what some people think, though!

:laugh: Sivaro, your dogs look lovely, too. Your boy in a pet trim looks like a sportsman. Haven't your pups grown? I love the look of the show trims, but sadly it's not practical for an average person like me. I'd spend alot of time brushing and combing out sand, grass and dirt and Oscar tolerates- rather than enjoys- being groomed. I think the hairdressing is the main thing stopping me from looking further into showing and breeding.

Once you've seen some of the better dogs trimmed well, then compare it with some of the pet trims you see that do nothing to flatter the dog..... I think all the show trims look good. It shows off the poodle's face and expression, especially, and makes their body look balanced. Puppy trim's probably my favourite- the shaved FFT contrasted with the luxurious, fluffy coat all over- says "hug me" :rofl: .

Edited by Poodle wrangler

Thanks PW. Fortunately I am able to do them myself which makes life a lot easier.

The photo of the brown girl I did today for my friend. She lives on acerage so the short body and legs work very well for her.

We want more poodle photos.... Where is Poodle Fan with her 2 boys and Princess? Capanash? Palane? You to Poodle Wrangler. I am sure there are lots of you that have a poodle at home. Would love to see your little guys. It doesn't matter if they are a bit hairy - they are all gorgeous.

Don't worry, you will be seeing plenty of pictures from me SOON!! I should be able to bring my baby home in about three weeks, if all works out. However, I will be visiting tomorrow and taking pictures. I am getting a black, male miniature poodle for my birthday (which was actually last week, but....) and I lurve my camera and my dogs!

I will post pics tomorrow or the next day of the babies we are visiting and let you all know if I put a deposit on one or decided on the imported puppy.

Whoever said they never saw a poodle puppy, be prepared!! :cool:

I am liking this group.

What do you all think of Pierrot for a black male poodle? Too foofy? :shrug: or just right? :thumbsup:

I have to think of the agility ring.

Here are some pics of minis that I have sold. The first two pics are the same dogs. New mum always likes to play dress ups.

post-8921-1145354270_thumb.jpg Louis is the silver, Thijs origianally known as Bear is the black. Ready for a swim.

post-8921-1145354218_thumb.jpg Louis & Thijs, birthday party

post-8921-1145354308_thumb.jpg Mia who lives in Tassy, I no longer breed the silver, whites and creams

post-8921-1145354338_thumb.jpg Misty was bought as a Pets for Therapy Dog and living in Queensland

Jag, your dog is soooooo beautiful. and the brown looks so much like my brown girl. Would that be one of Jacks kids in NSW?

Mitzy, looking forward to seeing your new baby. You wont know yourself with a poodle. The are so much fun, willing to please, very intelligent, so dont let it get away with anything :thumbsup:

That name sounds nice, and dont worry if we like the name, the main thing is that you do.

I love admiring a poodle in a full show clip, just stunning - although I couldn't imagine being talented enough to keep one in it myself.

Any reason why you don't breed the silvers anymore Silvaro ?.

I just love the Silver and the reds (the real deep red ones)

Hi Hazz, Yes basically its hard to get a really nice silver now. Dont think there is much to go by with the lines anymore, there are still a couple of nice ones but its a dying colour the silver. Its a shame cause the are so pretty. Whites there are a few more nice ones to go on with but still luv what my mum had back in her days.

post-8921-1145355692_thumb.jpg Two of mums beautiful show pups in the 80s

post-8921-1145355735_thumb.jpg Mums first foundation bitch in early 70s

post-8921-1145355773_thumb.jpg Daughter of the foundation bitch. Little bit snipey. late 70s

Would have put some other really nice ones on here but the quality of the photos were pretty bad.

Sorry Jag, Ive hijacked your thread lol.

The OH has taken my digital camera on holidays, so I can't show you the current 'pin head' trim- ears off AND top too short and rounded :thumbsup: Lucky we love him for his personality. I'm going to try JAG's cool 'in the marines' trim once it grows out.

The husband is responsible for the Xmas getup- post-6819-1145355795_thumb.jpg

Couple of weeks after first full clip I tried- :shrug: feet shaved too far up and his coat ready for a wash, but he's happy! post-6819-1145355417_thumb.jpg

Oscar loves the beach so we need a nice, easy to look after pet trim post-6819-1145355363_thumb.jpg

What do you all think of Pierrot for a black male poodle? Too foofy? :shrug: or just right? :thumbsup:

Nice, but I always have to do test it out i.e. "Pierrot, Come!", "Pierrot, No!" etc.

More piccies, the better.

Sivaro, love the photos, but I'm not sure the poodles with the hat on (left) entirely approves :cool: