Dogs Burping

My English Springer does (and my Welsh Springer before her did as well). None of the smaller dogs we've had have burped though. Perhaps it's because the Springers tend to gulp their food down in a rush? Greedy guts that they are.

It's quite funny, as soon as she finishes her meal and she'll often stand there, look at you, and just open her mouth with a loud "burp!" noise. Cracks us up every time. :laugh:

Edited by Kym

ABSOLUTELYYYYYY nothing worse on Earth!!!!!!! After arriving in Melbourne and on her diet of BARF, horse poo, possum poo and God knows what else, Rosie burped in my face one day, it HONESTLY smelt like something decomposed and rotten had climbed into her stomach, it was sooooo sickening I dry reached until I :laugh:

Hedds and Captain thought it was HYSTERICAL and were :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: all over the place, NOT HAPPY!!! :rofl:

OMG! I have a male Samoyed who would leave most Aussie guys to shame! He burps like a champion!

He has no problem letting one rip whenever he feels the urge and they are LOUD! I'm sure the neighbours think it's me!! LOL

It's pretty funny and cracks me up every time, but it can be a bit embarassing at times too - like in the middle of a serious obedience training session and everyone turns to look at you!

My female Sammy has never done such an unladylike thing - true to her Princess in training status :-)

I had never heard a dog burp until I got my boy - and I haven't heard any other since. It's comforting to know we are not alone.....

Both of my female kelpies burp - one is a slow eater, the other a fast eater but the slow eater is the biggest culprit!

No word of a lie she burps then turns to look at you with a funny look on her face. I am not sure if she is proud of herself or slightly embaressed!

aargghh.. Jazz is a great burper. She comes right up to your face and lets it rip LOL. Apparently it's in her lines, her Mum and kids are the same! haha.

Chelsea is a farter... not loud, but when they pop out, she gets an almighty surprise and looks around at her butt as if she's surprised!

LOL farters are the worst!

I have one farter....she waits until we are in a closed in space eg, in the car, or ultra comfortable, eg just settled in to watch tv, lets one rip, turns and looks at us and I swear :laugh: smiles as we desperately try to open windows/escape the stink!!!

Sometimes I think it is deliberate so she can take over the cuchion/chair