Anyone Know Of A Good Dog Groomer

Hi i really hope someone can help i need to find a good dog groomer in the liverpool campbelltown area, as the lady who did bella has died and they only do small dogs now untill they can get a new groomer in.

if you know anyone let me know....not sure about the mobile dog people as i have never used them with her before but have with my hubbys mallie but thought they weren't as good.

but at this point im open to anything

thanks in advanced

nicky

Edited by collie angel

there is a groomer who I'm pretty sure does, in home grooming but i'm not sure, I'll find out and post by monday as I'll get her card also In drummoyne (outer city) there is a groomer who we send our dogs to, They are fantastic!

Mondo Cane Drummoyne

72 Victoria Rd

Drummoyne 2047

Phone 02 91814244

Fax 02 9181 4255

Email [email protected]

Tuesday - Sunday 8am - 6:30pm

Thursday 8am- 9pm

Closed Mondays

give them a try, it's about $55 for our terrier to have a wash, clip, nail clip ear clean and face clean, they also give him a bow and we can drop our other dog off there to keep him company at nothing extra!!!

Yeh, and they chain smoke indoors all day long so that whenever you buy anything there it stinks of stale nicotene :( A real shame as they sell some great stuff - I know so many people who boycott Mondo Cane due to the smoking...... I wouldnt have thought it would even be legal??

thanks i dont mind the cost really i was paying $80 for bella every month i could do her myself but i never seem to get her looking as good as they do :( wish i could. i'm going to add some photo's to the photo's section of my dad giving it a got on his collie lol.

thanks

nicky

I'm sorry your groomer passed away :(

My groomer moved away and she did such a good job. It was a shame but then I decided to learn how to groom them myself. Anyway, I just bought some clippers and scissors yesterday and I'm going to call the lady my breeder recommended to see if she is still able to teach me how to groom them.

Hope things will work out for you! :)

Try contacting peachie, a member of these forums, she is in Sydney, and I believe has a mobile service.

She posted not so long ago in Health and Grooming about a rough collie which had been neglected.

Yep, i am mobile, unfortunately tho, being a franchise i can only work on the northern beaches. If you are not after coat clipping (i imagine you arent, just brushing out, washing and blow drying?? Try Aussie Pooch, i'm sure there will be one out that way. Be very specific in what you want, we generally just wash, i have a few dogs i blow dry, but not many. Aussie pooch central number is 1300 369 369. It's a pager so you give your suburb, and they will send your number to the relevant operator who will call you back.

Hope they can help

Jodie

thanks i will try them alot of mobile groomers i have called dont like to do big dogs, but will try i bath her this moring as its nice and sunny and will groom her myself today but she will need to be washed again in a few weeks.

thanks

If you are going to do it yourself, I think you mentioned that your OH has a Malamute?, then you will need a really good comb, such as an undercoat rake, mist the coat before and during combing so that it doesn't split the hair.

As Dru has suggested a good dryer which you may be able to pick up second hand on ebay-Liberty make a lot here -will help force out loose hair and it will come up well. When using the dryer I put on some Aloveen conditioner which can be left in the coat.

www.specialfriendsdogcare.com.au

Hi Collie Angel,

Do what I did, pay a professional groomer who will let you watch. I did this but also knew the lady which helped. I had 3 Collies at the time and couldn't keep forking out the $$$ to have them done. It's really not that hard, just time consuming. Good shampoo (I use Oakwood or Joseph Lyddy), proper combing technique and blow drying are the way to lift the coat and make it look show ring ready.

Cheers,

Corine

Okay Collie Angel, Heres the other lady I was saying about, Caroline's clips and Cuddles, she voulenteers for monika's and the dogs look Brilliant after she finishes with them, here are the details

CAROLINE'S CLIPS AND CUDDLES Mobile Dog Grooming, Inner Sydney area

0416 140 247

Dog minding for mature small dogs

Hair Cut

Eye and Ear clean

Nail clip

The dogs look fantastic when shes done with them, price range unsure about but there you go hope it helps

I have an excellent mobile groomer who does the northwest area, perhaps you could contact her, might be a bit easier than Caroline who is fantastic but I don't think she goes as far as you would like.

Try Jackie on 0414 737 055. I think IBite knows another groomer not far from Penrith but I think that would be too far for you maybe?

thanks guys i have sent my breeder an email this morning to see if she can show me the proper way i did wash he saturday and brushed her in the afternoon but i dont get he as fluffy as pat use to. i do brush her every 2nd or 3rd day to keep it tidy and she gets a good brush on sundays i love doing this so hopefully i can learn to do it myself as i do enjoy it and love spending the time wif bella aswell.

Hesapandabear: yes my hubby has a mallie who he owns with his sister shadow lives with them but they share the walking and feeding etc between them they just have a moblie groomer come out they will wash bella but not brush or dry her properly just really towel drying her off.

Its the drying which counts with the long coated breeds. My mind has gone blank and its too cold and dark outside to go down to the shed where all my supplies are, but there springs to mind two products which I use one called shedlite and the other outrageous which help, cant think who puts them out.

If you groom your collie regularly then dont use the undercoat rake on her, go for, and they are expensive, a Mason and Pearson brush. If you dont know of them then ask at your hairdresser, they are actually human hair brushes!!

Use the undercoat rake on the Malamute coat, but also use a conditioner such as Aloveen.

Pm if you want some more help.