8 Week Old Staffy

staffy_girl

Hi guys,

I Just bought home a 8 week old tan staffy and he is constantly shaking. He just sits in his basket with his toy that smells like his brother and doesnt come out. Last night he ate something and went to thee toilet but i'm worried because he is just sitting in his basket shaking and wont come out and when i pick him up and carry him around the house he tries to jump out of my arms and shakes. He only seems content when he is in his basket with his toy.

What should i do??

Thanks

Cold and scared :hitself: Poor baby :cry: No brothers & sisters. No Mum. No familiar faces. Just you. :worship:

Do make sure you baby is nice and snuggly :worship: It's been getting pretty cold in most parts of Oz.

Baby will get used to you but everything is just so damned scary for him at the moment :laugh:

Congratulations on your new puppy :eek:

Cold and scared :hitself: Poor baby :cry: No brothers & sisters. No Mum. No familiar faces. Just you. :worship:

Do make sure you baby is nice and snuggly :worship: It's been getting pretty cold in most parts of Oz.

Baby will get used to you but everything is just so damned scary for him at the moment :laugh:

Congratulations on your new puppy :eek:

Thanks for the info.

He is cute. When i take some photo's i will post them up.

Thanks again.

Oh he sounds like he's missing his family :hitself: Keep him warm and with you, Staffords are definately ppl dogs. Encourage play time with him too and I'm sure he will get better. Cant wait to see pics :cry:

Cheers,

Beck

Poor little mite is probabaly scared and wondering what is going on and where his family is.

Lots of gentle talking and cuddling, tickles, and playing - things like giving him some yummies, a little liver treat or some warm milk to help him.

If he will only stay in his bed m- move it to closer to you - next to the couch - next to your bed and give him a chance to start bonding with you.

Start slowly so he doesn't get scared.

Start my just moving his basket close to you - and then you can pat him and interact with him while he is still in the safety of his blanky. Then sit next to his basket and take him out and play with him on the floor or in your lap on the floor. try using a treat or something that might make him come out of his basket a bit more willingly..... make sure you make all those interactions enjoyable and safe for him

Also if he is cold i would suggest a little jumper for him.

also - lots of dogs don't like to be carried around the house - if you want to pick pup up i suggest you do it whilst you are still.. either sitting on the lounge or floor till he gets used to it all.

They are so cute that you just can't help but cuddle them can you hehehheeh but if you start slowly he will eventually come to the party because if he is a typical staffy he soon will want to be with you every place you go :hitself:

Good luck !!! and send photos soon heheh

My old Staffy and My current one always did the shaking thing - if they want attention they would start to shake so we would think they are cold :D

Good like with the pup - you have to post photos for us!!

photos are a definate must... i have just got a baby staffy too, took him a few days to feel secure with us, being taken away from mum and siblings is a big deal and it has been so cold too.. i have put a little jacket on my guy and he is so much happier with it on, he does the shaking thing too, just one look and makes you awwwwwww and oick them up and cuddle them... he loves his snuggles and being with his people, staffys are very much people orientated..