Obedience Trials (vic)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NP :) i know my way now i have been so often even the feotal brain leech shouldnt get me lost!!

lol that and there is only like 2 turns once we are on the highway :rofl

Have you been pregnant every time we've been lost? Looooong gestation. :cry:

Congradulations DunnyBrush and Moses. :offtopic:

We competed today at the Golden Retriever comp in CCD and won the ring with 95/100. There were 3 tollers there. Ghillie from Sale, Finlay from Keilor. Finlay won the Novice Ring.

Hey, just noticed this thread. Good on you.

Moses is entered in am and pm trials on Saturday and Sunday at Geelong. I am camping on the grounds over night.

Hi

It was so good to put the face to Sparty today.

I knew Jules and Moses and it was wonderful knowing the dogs going into the rings.

Gambit did so well and I'm so lucky that all I need to work on is his attention on me.

Once I have fixed that then I'm sure he will get a pass along the way.

He was brilliant in the PM drops.

He air scented, sat up, checked that he wasn't going to get attacked again and then dropped.

Wow what a baby boy.

To Moses and Sparty, congratulations.

I'm sure I'll see more of you around the obedience trials.

Wendy

post-6277-1152349154_thumb.jpg

Moses got his CCD title today. He passed both trials. In the morning trial he got 88 and the afternoon trial he got 93. One dog shit in the ring right near the figure of 8, so Moses shied away from it, he doesn't like to walk near that stuff. It was fun and very cold. There were over 30 dogs entered in CCD and some very high scores. The highest being 99!!! Onto Novice now, so I can throw away the lead!!!!!

Moses got his CCD title today. He passed both trials. In the morning trial he got 88 and the afternoon trial he got 93. One dog shit in the ring right near the figure of 8, so Moses shied away from it, he doesn't like to walk near that stuff. It was fun and very cold. There were over 30 dogs entered in CCD and some very high scores. The highest being 99!!! Onto Novice now, so I can throw away the lead!!!!!

wHOO! hOO! Congrats! Just shows that ppl. who praise their dogs rather than punish them, WIN!!! and their dogs are still happy members of the family!

I t was a good day .. apart from the wind chill factor!! i got 91 in the morning and 88 in the arvo, aminly as i tangled his lead aound his leg and pulled him up out otf the drop LOL no lead soon!! one pass to go!

Heeliong work from a lot of he dogs was outstanding with my scor of 91 i was 7th!!! and in the PM winner was on 99,2nd & 3rd were 98 lol girl with 97 got 4th !!

The Judge said she had judged Utility in the am and some of the heeling in the PM in CCD was comparable!! absolutly amazing boxer won our ring both times (but i told the owner he might have won but his dog pee's like a girl hehehehe)

was a good day very social I met up with capansh before the trials and her lovley victor but got too focused on my trial (and staying warm) to go back araound afterwards sorry :)

But i did hear he had a fan club of the ballarat kids who were watching their mum :cool:

I was very pleased with Bodie he did well especially as we dont focus a lot on obedience more flyball and agility we do obedience to focus and to distract from flyball and settle him a bit so i dont make him bored with it :rofl: Judge said he had it all there lol but i needed some more work i took a point deduction on purpose for the recall telling him to stay befre returning as we have been training the recall to finish so stepping back around him was confusing him (only found out about that 2 weeks ago)

again lovely day :rofl: nice to get to better know Wendy and Julie usually at flyball im too busy to sit and chat

Good luck for today gambit!!! LOL i was glad he dropped again in PM as he was airscenting towards Bodie who was next to him ... maybe he had let one rip :rofl after all he held on all day hehe

Jen

How many dogs in CCD on Sunday? What was the standard like? Any dogs from the previous day? I was supposed to be in on Sunday but scratched, as we got our title on Saturday. I would advise anybody to give it a go as it is a lot of fun and the judges were okay too with my stuff ups such as not being able to find the figure 8 and leading out the wrong way. etc.

Victor (standard poodle) and I enjoyed our 1st weekend of obedience trials at Geelong. Everyone was really nice and helpful. Victor was pretty bad with his obedience, mainly his crappy healing! But now we know what to work on. He somehow managed to get his 1st pass for CCD!!!... the other 3 trials... don't ask... LOL

It was good to meet a couple of DOL people... congrats on their successful weekend!

We will be back out in the obedience ring in a month or two... once we have sorted out all my bad habits... LOL

Edited by capanash

Guest Clover
You shoulda seen her in QLD up on the beach to watch the sunrise

Hehe i miss our early morning beach runs, and watching the sun rise. Jen i would have liked to have gone but have a cold and did not want to get you sick.