Groomers Grumble

had a good one today...

client asked us to give her dog a long cut. after some gentle explaining that we couldnt... i shaved her off as a #10. managed to get most of the coat off in a big sheet. she was matted right down to the toes and her ears were matted to her head. owner said she went away and her son didnt look after her dog. meanwhile the owner tells us its OUR fault she is matted. WTF?!?! how can it be our fault if you dont bring the dog to us!

eta: it was a shih tzu mutt thing.

Edited by shmoo

Flyblown..........flys lay eggs in disgusting filthy hair sometimes with untreated wounds etc, and the maggots hatch on the the dog and eat the crap and the infected flesh.

Flyblown dog means Groomer either doesn't eat lunch that day or vomits what she did eat.

Owners like these should be shot.

I could write a book on some of the dogs I've had to groom, one was so gummed up with poop and matted hair it could not use its bowels, and when I eventually, (with a mask on and dry reaching) clipped it all away, its bum was red raw.

Disgusting.................

Trish

I could write a book on some of the dogs I've had to groom, one was so gummed up with poop and matted hair it could not use its bowels, and when I eventually, (with a mask on and dry reaching) clipped it all away, its bum was red raw.

Disgusting.................

Trish

Yep, those ones are good :)

Don't forget that you then have to clean all the crud out of your blades as well.

Poor Little buggers, they go home with a red raw ass and you get some idiot owner accuse you of giving the dog clipper burn.

Last dog I had like that was a Peke. I got the Vet to look at dog before I started trying to get it off so I had back up if anything was said, we were both dry retching it was so bad.

Yesterday I had a poodle with ears so bad I almost lost my lunch plucking the crud out of them, I swear what I plucked from one side was being pulled through from the other, I saved the huge stinking brown wads in clipseal bag and gave them to the owner at pickup.

Dreadlocks in the ears with brown goo, and they wonder why the dog stinks :D

i had a good one today.

One of our clients who owns a "Moodle" has just bought a puppy from the pet shop a few months ago. Today he came in for his first groom (just a bath now he has had his 3 vaccs.). She was told upon purchase he was a Cocker Spaniel x Shih Tzu. When I saw him at 10 weeks first thing i said was You Serious?!. Well he now looks like a Beagle x Foxie. Shaped just like a Beagle, markings like a Foxy. Today when she asked me again what I thought he was and i replied Beagle x Foxie. Then she said "that cant be right.. i mean how could the breeders have gotten it wrong? wouldnt they be good breeders at the pet shop?"

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today when she asked me again what I thought he was and i replied Beagle x Foxie. Then she said "that cant be right.. i mean how could the breeders have gotten it wrong? wouldnt they be good breeders at the pet shop?"

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The general public just don't know. Really, after I found DOL and asked all the 'dumb' questions, I began to see things in a clearer picture.

I originally thought the 'spoodle' was cute, but couldn't figure out why they all looked different. I did think they were a new 'breed' and even looked up some website that had a whole bunch of mixes, one being the 'spoodle'. They also explained the F1 and F2 thing, but I just kept thinking, there's no guarantee how they'll look. So I started asking a lot of questions on DOL. I am sure I was thought to be a troll or a stalker cuz I kept on asking 'dumb' questions and asking the same people things, even PMing them.

In actual fact all of my 'dumb' questions got me to some spectacular answers (some rude, but most not). Anyway, your clien is just one of the general public trying to work it all out. Tell her to get on DOL.