Doesn't Lift His Leg

westiefan

:cry: Onsy doesn't agree with Horus! :cry:

my foster puppy at 5 months old was half cocking his leg to wee

then Onslow would come along and wee over the top but in "his little girl way" not the proper boy way :cry: although he doesn't squat, he stretches his front and back legs out and wees.

I'm glad though he still isn't cocking his leg at 2 1/2. I thought the foster pup might teach him but he didn't cotton on.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Maybe I had better rephrase.

When a dog cocks it's leg, it is always marking over the top of another dog's mark, not just relieving itself. Dogs don't cock just to urinate, they can squat to achieve that. Sqatting in 'little girl ways' ( :o ) to mark is quite normal behaviour as well.

I'm guessing that squating v cocking is related to heirachy or pack status, but I'm not 100% sure on that. :rofl:

when my dog was 6 months i was worried that my dog was gay, cause he didn't lift his leg up when he peed. He is 1yr and 3 months old now, and noticed that he lifts his leg to mark trees and brick walls. And he squats when he is actually peeing to relieve him self. So he still squats, but i assume lifting the leg is for marking territory.

buster didn't life his leg till her was over a year old. lol yes, we laughed at the intense look of concentration he would get onhis face while he peed like a girl. lol

harry used to cock his leg at everything 30cm or more high. since he got desexed he's began the squat routine as well. lol

My boy is four, and has always squatted. I like it, he's so dainty!

Our little fella (who is now bigger than the big fella!) has obviously taken his cues from Len, because so far he's a squatter too. He's only five months though, so I suppose he could change his mind.

my bf seen a double leg corking...theres a JR and a Blue heeler where he works. Stump the heeler corked his leg on a tree. Jack the JR decided he can top that...he put one back foot up on the tree, then kind of reversed and put the other back foot up on the tree and proceeded to mark it...while doing a handstand

My parents dog does this all the time while doing poos!!! He literally, backs his butt halfway up a tree and deposits his droppings UP the tree :mad

:mad

My boy is 9 months and has been half cocking his leg for a couple of weeks now, he is gradually lifting his leg higher, evert time I see him do it, I think how fast he's growing-up.

My parents dog does this all the time while doing poos!!! He literally, backs his butt halfway up a tree and deposits his droppings UP the tree :rofl:

:laugh:

:thumbsup: my dog did that the other day - I was wondering what the heck he was doing at first I have never seen him do it before!! Then I saw his ears go back and knew straight away :rofl:

My boy is 18 m/o and I saw him cock his leg for the first time today. Actually it was more of a leg lift whilst half squatting. He was right beside a tree and looked like that was where he was aiming but alas twas not to be. I think he needs a bit more practice. :thumbsup:

My Jarrah never cocked his leg - and he lived to 13+!! I actually quite liked it (although he looked silly when he sometimes lifted one leg - just the paw off the ground - not actually cocked!) - it meant accidents in the house were just on the floor and not over the furniture too!

:)