Reaction To Vaccine?

lolasstresssedmum

:laugh: My 7 week old border collie cross which we brought home on the weekend has just gone from being all over the place to just wanting to sleep, she was eating this morning but has not touched a thing this evening.

She was vaccinated on Saturday with Protech C3, has anyone had a reaction with vaccines like this??

I am getting a little desperate... my daughter will be devestated..

Lolasmum

:laugh: My 7 week old border collie cross which we brought home on the weekend has just gone from being all over the place to just wanting to sleep, she was eating this morning but has not touched a thing this evening.

She was vaccinated on Saturday with Protech C3, has anyone had a reaction with vaccines like this??

I am getting a little desperate... my daughter will be devestated..

Lolasmum

I put the runny poo (its not frothy or watery) down to change of diet, she seemed fine this morning, surely it can happen that quick..

Definitely see the Vet, but what you're experiencing can be an immune system reaction- fever, lethargy etc. for a few days.

The other thing is 'puppy stress', happens when they go from the breeders house, to the vet, to the new house, new people, new surroundings etc. They do sometimes go off their food, and have gastro type symptoms.

Take it easy, give her lots of quiet times to sleep, perhaps get a crate and do a search on crate training so she can have her own spot where she will not be bothered by anyone. Try to ensure your daughter plays quiet games, and lets her sleep, she is a baby puppy and will need to sleep ALOT over the coming weeks.

Don't overstimulate her, give her quiet areas she can go, and don't force the food issue, (if the Vet gives her the all clear) her appetite will come back when she is feeling more settled.

Mel. :happydance2:

I hope that your puppy will be o.k, animals can have reactions to vaccines. One of my daughters cats had a reaction to her vaccination 6 yrs ago. I thought the cat was going to die, she could hardly walk and just laid down for about 5 days. My vet said that sometimes this happens after a vaccination. Thank goodness, our cat came right. Please let us know how your dear puppy is going.

I would have to say, if it was a reaction to the vaccine it would probably have happened the same day she got vaccinated. My pup had her third vaccination and had a swolen face and head within35 minutes, not 3 0r 4 days .

Take her ot the vet and get her checked out at the same time as putting her on a bland diet.

It sounds like she is a little stressed from teh move to a new environment.

Let us know how she goes.

A bland diet in case you don't know of it is usually chicken and rice cooked and minced some people would prefer the chicken raw. I do mine in a magimix or similar food processor and this helps to calm the lining of the puppy's stomach. My golden had bleeding of the stomach lining when brought home so we kept on this for a couple of weeks and soothed her stomach. If in doubt seek professional help always ie., your vet.

Good luck.

I would have to say, if it was a reaction to the vaccine it would probably have happened the same day she got vaccinated. My pup had her third vaccination and had a swolen face and head within35 minutes, not 3 0r 4 days .

Take her ot the vet and get her checked out at the same time as putting her on a bland diet.

It sounds like she is a little stressed from teh move to a new environment.

Let us know how she goes.

Actually animals can react in different ways to vaccines, some will have an immediate and quite intense reaction, others will will show signs later on and some will last for several days.

I agree with Nadia and CavNRott- vaccine or drug reactions can occur from within minutes to days.

I have experienced it with a severe adverse reaction my girl had to Metacam several days after being given the drug.If the Vet wont't report it go to

www.avpma.gov.au and report the reaction yourself.

In the meantime get the puppy to a Vet that will listen to your very valid concerns

I had a litter that nearly died after their first vaccination. The went off thier food, had diahhroea, and had no energy. This happened 6 hrs after their shots. They dropped more than half their body weight in a day so its best to get a vet check your puppy. I nearly lost mine, but with alot of effort they survived JUST.