Why Does This Forum Constantly See The Need To Justify Prongs And Shoc

What a sad lot you all are! I feel even sadder for the dogs you deal with.

Oh yes, my dog is so terribly depressed at being walked in a prong collar that he hollers the house down with his whinging and jumps around like an idiot at the site of the darn thing.

I would bloody hate to see him happy.

Edited for spellink :thumbsup:

Edited by shekhina

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A vested interest in selling shock collars/prong collars because the trainers are so impotent!

IT'S CALLED A QUICK FIX!!!

:laugh::laugh: Now you're REALLY showing up your lack of knowledge. :thumbsup:

If this forum is aimed at the general public as I know it is, I feel so worried about the dogs welfare. THERE ARE 14 & 15 YEAR OLD KIDS INFLUENCED BY YOUR RHETORIC

DO YOU LOT, HONESTLY, WORRY ABOUT WHAT "JOE PUBLIC" THINKS???

You "pack of prats" !

I have the feeling that I would avoid the lot of you in my quest for a "peaceful pack";

I came to this forum wanting to learn and, quickly, found out that even those I could have respected, were influenced by commercial interests.[]

Oooh watchit Erny, he's shouting now.

How on earth could the use of particular training tools be influenced by commercial interests? You wanna stop beating about the bush and just spit out what you're attempting to say?

I for one am FOR prong collars as I've been through "positive only" techniques and some have been to the detriment of my dog's behaviour. He, like some other dogs, do need a balance of positive and negative training in order to get it through to him.

Feel free to pop on by to meet my dog some day and try your "training" methods on my boy to see how affective they are.

Im with shek, i took one dog for a walk (one who isnt on prong)and the other sat at home, pulled the lead and prong off the hook and carried it over to flat mate to walk her - that is a dog that is hurt and hates wearing it

can we stick on on you OP? you might actually learn something

ETA: i off to bed, would love to watch his, but i have to work tomorrow - have fun guys :thumbsup:

Edited by Terrorbull

THERE ARE 14 & 15 YEAR OLD KIDS INFLUENCED BY YOUR RHETORIC

:thumbsup: What rhetoric?

You "pack of prats" !

Now THAT'S gone and done it. I can cope with many things and not lose my cool. But calling us a "Pack of Prats" has REALLY stepped over the line. :):rofl::rofl:

( :laugh: )

I came to this forum wanting to learn...

Ummmmm ..... your OP didn't exactly reflect that. Nup. Not one bit.

... and, quickly, found out that even those I could have respected, were influenced by commercial interests.

:laugh::(

Edited by Erny

f this forum is aimed at the general public as I know it is, I feel so worried about the dogs welfare. THERE ARE 14 & 15 YEAR OLD KIDS INFLUENCED BY YOUR RHETORIC

DO YOU LOT, HONESTLY, WORRY ABOUT WHAT "JOE PUBLIC" THINKS???

i cant remember where anyone mentioning the use of either collars has stated anything which joe public could confuse with anyone mentioning either of these tools are to be used to harm a dog...

however in all of the threads about these pieces of equipment i have read i can remember countless people saying they should only be used under guidance of a qualified and trained professional....

I came to this forum wanting to learn and, quickly, found out that even those I could have respected, were influenced by commercial interests.[]

its hard to teach someone with a closed mind....