Herding.

PAX

Have fun, am sure you will all enjoy yourselves, we started in July, after Sunday we will be having a rest for a while as too hot even at 7.00am. :)

Too hot for me in September. But will come up when it cools off a bit. Sorry I missed you last time. Indi has not done anything since September.

You will have a ball

Sorry to hijack for my own pic but it must be a Koolie ear thing. This was Chance at 11 weeks. His ears only stood up because his head was back lol.

Herding is an absolute blast, especially the first time.

post-6171-1164350188_thumb.jpg

Hi Pax

You will be so surprised at how Chilli will automatically know what to do with the sheep.

It's amazing to watch a dog that goes in with the sheep for the first time.

Gambit put his head down and pretended the sheep weren't there. Latter on he went straight to the sheeps bums and had a good smell (he is known as a crutch sniffer). The next time he just did it. Oh wow what a thrill it was to see him do it.

Me I'm hopeless. I have no idea what to do when I'm in the small pen. I did a workshop and was given the opportinity to work with Gambit out in a paddock. What a difference that made.

Enjoy your day.

Can't wait to see the results of the day.

post-6277-1164361230_thumb.jpg

Well the first go in she was really frightened. I wasn't to suprised becasue she is not very brave but I was a little disappointed.

There were some Working Kelpie pups there the same age that were fantastic.

Her second go in the afternoon was like a different dog, If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not of believed it.

We love herding I think I'm hooked.

Happychill_1_1.jpg

post-3783-1164494860_thumb.jpg

post-3783-1164494922_thumb.jpg

Edited by PAX

She switched on a bit too much. On her second go I couldn't call her off, what a naughty girl. It was as if she turned all her fear into aggression and she wasn't taking any crap from those horrible sheep. I had forgotten how dumb sheep are. :rofl:

Sorry the photos are so small, I went a bit overboard with the resizing.

Mooper, we live on the coast so it's a very high rainfall area. It's really sad when the rest of the country is screaming for it.

Edited by PAX

Pax, doesnt take long to get hooked!!

On one occasion when Panda hadnt been for a month, he took off like a steam train, and ended up with a sheep (they are Damara-more like goats) falling on top of him :rofl: it winded him and think taught him a lesson as now he settles really well.

This morning was our last till probably March, just see how the weather goes.

Bindibu, hope to see you next year at the trials at Moorinya in April?.

Hahahaha,

Now you know whay they say the dog "switched on" it is just like someone reached into theirs heads and flicked a switch.

They go from "Hey look at the dog run around madly" to "OMG is that really my dog?"

lol

Are you going to buy some sheep for Chill to herd? or maybe some ducks?

Good to see her have fun :(

Funny you should ask M, we are looking at buying a 100 acres to have sheep for the pups, do you think that's excessive.......... :laugh:

Good to see her have fun :(

Funny you should ask M, we are looking at buying a 100 acres to have sheep for the pups, do you think that's excessive.......... :)

dont worry some friends and i have made jokes about forming a co-oporative and buying a few acres for some sheep, and room to set up an agiltiy ring and flyball run! then we would all have to quit our day jobs because we were too busy with other things! :laugh:

so glad you had a good time, looks like chill had a ball :)

Good to see her have fun :laugh:

Funny you should ask M, we are looking at buying a 100 acres to have sheep for the pups, do you think that's excessive.......... :laugh:

I know a number of people around Canberra who have sold up their town homes and bough acreage just outside Canberra to keep sheep for their dogs.