Atlas Sick

Teebs

Ok, At has been off colour for a day or so now- Still eating and drinking, but just not happy - I came home from work and he didnt seem to happy, he came inside and sat on the floor, and DROOLED EVERYWHERE - he is NOT a drooly dog, and i have NEVER seen this much from him, even on a hot day after a long walk.

I took him outside and sat with him - He has tried to vomit a few times - The first lot a bit of material came out (from his bedding) I thought that was it, but he is still going - I have felt him over and he isnt sore

As you all know he eats EVERYTHING - so i dont know if he is just sick, or has gotten into something - He also did not eat his food this morning (i feed them before i go, Kaos has had all hers, but she will not touch Ats dish, there is food in there soon)

I dont know if i should give him something to see if i can get him to spew, just sit and wait, or take him to the vets?

Advice please!!

(if anyone else posted this i would be telling them to goto the vets - But i dont think, as of yet it is worthy of a vet trip, i just wanted to chat to them, but i cant get hold of anyone!!)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor At, he really does like eating everything doesnt he. :)

If he managed to bring up some of his bed that has to be good, is he still drooling though?

Has he been able to vomit yet?

Just thinking if he ate something that he cant chuck back up, or pass, it could be a bowel obstruction.

Can you ring the after hours number to ask the vets?

Hope hes feeling better soon.

Sorry TB I have no idea is he uncomfortable in a way you are not happy just to sit with him and wait it out

It does sound like he has eaten something

Did you look to see what is missing, at least that would give you an idea on what he has eaten and how big/hard/dangerous it was

Good luck

Oh Atlas...

If he vomited up some of his bed i would be worried that something could be stuck in him somewhere, that along with the drooling and not eating, he doesn't sound too well poor baby.

Has he had a poop today at all do you know?

Looks like you are in for a long night sitting up with sicky pants.

I would take him to the vets tomorrow if he's still not well.

Big kisses and cuddles for Atlas :)

TB could he have gotten a frog???

yes, why?

Well, i dont know if he has, but i do get a lot in the yard! What can they do??

Ringing vets again - keep going till i get them. He is still heaving :)

I did get a wag of his tail

Ok, got hold of them

She is worried he has something stuck - Said if he is drinking and breathing ok then to keep him here, any major change from what he is to call her ASAP any time of night - If he is the same tomorrow to bring him in

He is now a bit sore around his tummy, and panting, but i am guessing that is from spewing so much - He also had a go at Kaos :)

Am moving the crate into my bedroom so i can watch him tonight (and not get spew on my carpet!) Will take him to the vets after work if he is the same

ETA: Dad is coming around a few times during the day tomorrow to see how he is and make sure he has done a poop and is drinking

Edited by Terrorbull

I strongly recommend taking him to a vet ASAP. I know it's hard to getonto them but keep trying or try someone else.

I have seen some dogs that look similar to what you have described and they have eaten something and got an intestinal block.

It would be much better to have an xray or ultrasound of his abdomen to see if there is anything obvious or if it looks like gastroenteritis. These things can become very serious so waiting till morning maybe quite dangerous.

I hope everything works out and you contact a vet soon. If not just take him to the vet.

Bloody Dog !!!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope he is OK..it is so hard, if you go to the vet they will probably have to x-ray etc and if it is nothing it will cost you a fortune for peace of mind which a little patience would have solved for you.

Glad the vet is staying on call for you and hope he is bouncing around in the morning like nothing happened :rofl:

Ok, i just been outside watering the front, so left him in the back alone for a bit (actualy, i started to water and my neighbours son came over and took over - then drenched me with the hose... wait till pay back :) )

I went back out and he has spewed again, but seems a bit better - Still looking very skinny.

I cleaned the garage out and they only have the tramp beds to lay on, no blankets - Will work soemthing out for winter when it gets here!

He needs a bath badly, he rolled in the spew :rofl: But that can wait till he is better

He will stay in my room tonight and i will see how he goes

bloody dogs