She Has Just Started Humping

Flying Penguin

hehe my mothers rottie humps the air sometimes when she is really excited. She's 7years old and got desexed at 6mths. She used to try and hump peoples legs when she was little- really embarasing when you have to explain that yes she is a girl and try and pull her off. She doesn't do it very often at all now but did try to hump our bulldog girl the other day while they were playing.

I wouldn't worry to much, she will probably grow out of it and even if she doesn't there could be worse things right? Maybe see what happens if you remove her access to the pillows?(to see if she starts humping other things or is it just this particular pillow)

hehe my mothers rottie humps the air sometimes when she is really excited. She's 7years old and got desexed at 6mths. She used to try and hump peoples legs when she was little- really embarasing when you have to explain that yes she is a girl and try and pull her off. She doesn't do it very often at all now but did try to hump our bulldog girl the other day while they were playing.

I wouldn't worry to much, she will probably grow out of it and even if she doesn't there could be worse things right? Maybe see what happens if you remove her access to the pillows?(to see if she starts humping other things or is it just this particular pillow)

I hope so.

I have two pillows on my bed and they are the ones she is humping whilst chewing the corners of lol. We have square lounge pillows but she has never bothered with them. Probably because she knows she will get told off even more because our lounge is new.

Lots of dogs, male and female, entire and desexed do this, she may grow out of it or she may not. For now I would simply keep her out of your bedroom, hopefully she won't start humping anything else but there are no guarantees.

• 2 weeks later...

my lil' pup has started humping behaviour, I was advised each time he deos it to either (clang a few pots together or use a spray bottle) , there is a chance puppy behaviour such as this can be seen as accaptable and will remain through adult hood. I have been putting it in place for just 2 days and already a drastic improvement. I guess it's woth a try if you're concerned.

None of my dogs hump.

My next door neighbours however dog is a closet humper and does his humping in secret. We babysit him if his owners go away and the strangest thing started occuring only when he was around. I'd go to my bedroom and the bedspread would be pulled half way off the bed at one corner. I didn't quite know what was going on and I started to think I was losing my mind having not made the bed, until.........one day I walked into the room and found Hoggle humping the bedspread!!! Okay, if it was my dogs I'd be dismayed but the next door neighbours.......I was horrified. He'd drag the bedspread down, bunch it up and away he'd go, hammer and tongs. When I told his owner she was shocked and said that the same thing occurs in their spare room and she had to weigh down the other side with bricks. She had no clue he was a hump-aholic addicted to bedspread.