In Regards To Destraint Therapy Topic

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myzska:

This is the first time I have seen PF angry.......

Nah, not that angry, just peed off that once again people try to help and get shat on.

As I said in the other thread, my guess is that Andoria has contacted the trainer and referred to the DOL thread. Trainer has come on here, read thread and come out swinging... those references to ACA and Fair Trading are in the thread and the coincidence is striking.

Sooo Andoria, was it you who referred the trainer to DOL?

I can't find the original destraint therapy topic! Am I weird, cos I've never heard of it? It sounds like something from the early 20th century to me.... but then, I haven't read the topic, just seen the result. Perhaps it's been taken off?

Yes I lloked for thsi topic as well, to see what was soooo bad in there and couldnt find it.

Obviously was deleted.

I also wanted to see the trainers website as I didnt look at it the first time, for the same reasons as others - her methods do not interest me. I now wanted to see how "good" was this site :rofl:

In essence (for myszka) the trainer forced the dog to lay on it's side and submit whilst she held it there with her leg over it. Trainer got very bitten and so did the owners when they tried it.

Solution for running up the stairs when not wanted: Shove the dog back down the stairs.

Solution for rushing through doors: Wait until the dog has run through then punish it with the door (you can figure out what that means).

Mel.

Thanks Mel. :rofl: I did read the topic and some replies - that I thought were appropriate responces to the methods thsi trainer applied.

Couldnt see anything there that would make the subject reportable or worth deleting. This is what I meant.

I can't find the original destraint therapy topic! Am I weird, cos I've never heard of it? It sounds like something from the early 20th century to me.... but then, I haven't read the topic, just seen the result. Perhaps it's been taken off?

Arya. Neither had I. It has been unofficially determined that the OP meant to write "Restraint" therapy. I think the OP must have heard it incorrectly as given the number of times she has written it (she has started this thread in "General" as well, and referred to the method as "Destraint" in her original thread - which thread I think has since been deleted, presumably at her request).

Either way, I don't believe the term is an accepted official technical term within the dog industry but is more likely peculiar to the trainer in question.

Edited by Erny

Now she is fearing for her safety.

I noticed the trainer was from around the Auburn area, so heres the local police stations phone number 9646-8699...she needs to speak to someone from the e-crime division.

I have also emailed this information off to the trainer and have notified Constable Fury from Aurburn police to expect a call some time today.

i hope i havent gone too far? :rofl:

Now she is fearing for her safety.

I noticed the trainer was from around the Auburn area, so heres the local police stations phone number 9646-8699...she needs to speak to someone from the e-crime division.

I have also emailed this information off to the trainer and have notified Constable Fury from Aurburn police to expect a call some time today.

i hope i havent gone too far? :angel:

Jeff. Well done. I feel so safe knowing that you are there to look after us people's interests :rofl:. I'm sure, if I was in the "trainer's" shoes, I would be greatful. :rofl:

I suggest you leave this problem with me as she is my trainner.A visit from police will only make situations worse for myself, my dog and the trainner which shouldnt have come to this.

Let her solve the emails her way. And leave it up to her.

Edited by Andoria1

Threatning someone with a visit from police will only make situations worse for myself,

I think you missunderstood Andoria - Jeff informed Constable Fury that the trainer will be calling the station and to expect the call from her.

He is only trying to help. :rofl:

Edited by myszka

I think someone needs to order Popcorn.

Andoria your comprehension skills need some work. Jeff Jones provided police contact details so that the trainer could report the harassment. How on earth could that be construed as threatening them.

Of course your trainer is using different methods... NOW. It's amazing how educational a good dog bite can be. I bet she's one hell of a lot more circumspect about "restraint therapy" with dogs in the future.

Reminds me of a story I was told about a "trainer" who recommended a food resource guarding dog be "cured" by grabbing the food bowl and growling at the dog directly in it's face. No prizes for guessing what kind of an "education" the trainer received for that approach. :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan

I suggest you leave this problem with me as she is my trainner.A visit from police will only make situations worse for myself, my dog and the trainner which shouldnt have come to this.

Let her solve the emails her way. And leave it up to her.

If this is your opinion what was the purpose of this thread? To use vile language unbecoming of a lady? To cause a stir?

I am confused :rofl: