In Regards To Destraint Therapy Topic

I think that it is disgusting, pathetic and atrocious that there were a lot of members from this DOL forum that took it upon themselves to use the website of my trainner, where i (stupidly) posted in the topic discussion about Destraint Therapy to send hate mail to her last night.

I did not expect for this to happen, i am shocked as much as she is about this situation, as i was only asking for advice about other forms of training, not for you [deleted] to send this young lady hundereds of hate mail to her email.

There was no where that i had stated that this woman had purposely abused my dog. My biggest mistake was in trusting that you people in this forum would have behaved in a better way and only to view her website to see if it was a legitimate one. Not for you to use her email and her phone numbers to abuse her.

Now she is fearing for her safety.

God job idiots !

:):rofl: ;) :rofl::rofl::rofl::) :p :rofl:

Edited by Troy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa up there Andoria.

You may have just insulted a lot of people without reason.

You don't have to be a member of DOL to read posts and in fact the types that maybe guilty of harassing your trainer are probably the types who's membership wouldn't have lasted long on DOL anyways.

I don't believe that anyone who replied to your OP on this subject is the type to harass someone to the extent that they feel endangered.

Rom,I have to back Andoria up here.Andoria posted details of the Approach her Trainer had taken with her Dog.Lots of us read it and yes we disagreed!!!!Plenty were replying to her thread.

I read it it all and did not agree with it,but just took Note and left it at that!!!The People that objected or disagreed had the chance to reply to Andoria in the thread as many did.

I have a Problem with this.Yes some People From here took it upon themselves to send the Trainer,mindless,Pathetic and Hatred via Email.

Rom, Andoria is not stating everybody here did it,only some.She is not insulting anybody as she is only referring to a minority that took this Pathetic course of Action!!!

I myself really wonder at the Fruitcakes that did this!!!To those Fruitcakes I say,invest a bit of time into getting some good mental Help!!!!

I mean for godsake what was wrong with Emailing the Trainer and saying,we do not like your Approach and are really wondering why you are going this way?A bit of rationality,decency would have got you an answer. Tony

For the record I replied in your thread but I did NOT contact the trainer in question. I for one don't particularly appreciate your post in regards to all of the "you people" and "you f***ing idiots" coments.

Perhaps you should save your rabid tirade for those that deserve it :)

ETA: hundreds of hate mail? Fear for her life? Get real :rofl:

Edited by haven

Im with you Tony, that kind of mentality is not on! Whether you agree on not agree is no longer the point. We should be able to voice our opinions in a sensible fashion on DOL without stepping over the line and invading peoples privacy or getting aggressive. I feel very strongly about all dogs well ,but this is not the way to change anyones views about how to treat them or train them. If you are the one or ones who were so brave last night I challenge you to be brave now and own up. I bet I am not the only one who would like to know who the big brave idiots are, and I for one would like to appologise on behalf of any DOL's who might have behaved so badly to this trainer who happens to have different views to most of us.

I think everyone should just relax..

Hate mail and death threats are two totally different things- which one is it?

Either way, I agree with Rom, may not have been any actual members of DOL, quite frankly I have better things to do with my time.

BUT if she has been receiving emails of this nature, then she can contact police, who in turn can start an investigation and trace *those* back to their ISP's.

It's quite hard to hide these days.

Mel.

Whoa up there Andoria.

You may have just insulted a lot of people without reason.

You don't have to be a member of DOL to read posts and in fact the types that maybe guilty of harassing your trainer are probably the types who's membership wouldn't have lasted long on DOL anyways.

I don't believe that anyone who replied to your OP on this subject is the type to harass someone to the extent that they feel endangered.

/agree

well the lady said that majority of the emails where sent to her from DOL. I know there are people who wouldnt have done this , but i am refering to the people who did this. DOL or not dogs online.

Just because they may have referred to a post on DOL doesn't mean they are registered members.... maybe you need to be a little less accusing towards those people who have taken the time to assist you with your questions rather than jumping down their throats and calling them f***ing idiots. :)

I for one find the people on the training forum very helpful and while I don't post much, I read as much as I can and I have learnt a hell of a lot from my time here.

Perhaps you are the idiot to post that c**p you just did, how do you know it was someone on here?

Think about what you are saying before you hit the reply button.

There is no point in swearing either, that will get you know where only have alot of people think you are the idiot.

Fearing for her safety? Pssh yeah sure, what a crock.

Edited by tollersowned

First things first.........

Did you get permission to post her website on the forum? (I have learnt to ask first, from experience!)

Does she ever get any other emails from outsiders saying that they dont agree with her methods?

I have been on the receiving end of 'hate mail' emails, had my website listed as spam and had a few people who left nasty messages on my guestbook (not going into why it was done).

These people, whoever they are, are probably a hell of a lot more confident hiding behind their computer screens than they would be in actually approaching the person these emails are aimed at.

I find the people on this forum to be pretty understanding, incredibly helpful, and hey, they've put up with me for god only knows how many posts! so they cant be all bad.

Ive gotten my fair share of slamming and have posted things that i probably shouldn't have done, but if you put yourself out to the public by way of a website, and/or forums, you HAVE to be prepared to take the good with the bad.

While I dont agree with her methods at all, it is, unfortunately her decision to train as she wishes. All we can do is hope that she's willing to take advice from the many experienced trainers there are out there and adopt different training methods that are more dog friendly.

Please dont go slamming guys on here and calling them rotten names, there are too many people on here that are genuine contributors and all around nice guys. plus, unless there is proof it was from a member on here, you'd just be jumping to conclusions. also, if a newbie was to read nasty posts about us as members, it wouldn't do a great deal for our reputation.

just my two cents.

if i've overstepped the boundaries anyone, i apologise, not my intention.

Regards

Jenna

edited so it made sense

Edited by Tunsafun Boxers

As far as I'm aware, whilst I have made it clear that this trainer's method as described by the OP of the thread is not a method I would adopt nor recommend myself, I have endeavoured to refrain from bagging her or running her down. I don't need to. And I certainly agree that sending hate/abusive mail to her is neither dignified nor the "Australian way" and is the way of a small person (character wise, not physical wise).

Andoria1 ..... I ask this with all genuine sincerity. Is there proof that the emails she alleges to have received, are genuine? No offence intended to the trainer assuming there is none deserved, but I think a worthwhile question? Nor do I ask you to prove it here. Just asking.

ETA: Given that, as a contributer to the OP's original thread, I may have been unjustly tarred with the same brush as those who stand accused of delivering the so called "hate mail" and expect I will be very reticent towards responding to a like thread seeking opinion of a training method. I guess you just don't know where it will lead.

"well the lady said that majority of the emails where sent to her from DOL. I

know there are people who wouldnt have done this , but i am refering to the people who did this. DOL or not dogs online."

I said in the other post that i understand that majority of DOL wouldnt have sent her the hate emails. But i was mostly refering to the people who did it.

And i know that there are people that are NOT members of the DOL who could have sent her the hate mail, and i am refering to them as well.

And when i swore you "F**king Idiots*. I was refering to the people who sent the hate mail. So if you didnt send the hate mail then you shouldnt be offended. Im just frustrated that i asked for advice and it turned into this mess.

Edited by Andoria1

If what you have stated regarding what she did to your dog is true..... then she deserves every bit of mail saying that she is a cruel bloody cow!

I would belt anyone who dared touch my dogs in the manner you described in your posts and they would be reported to the RSPCA pronto.

Give it time... she won't need to wait for humans to attack her via email.. a dog will do it in real time. What a stupid and cruel woman.

No apologies.... if what you said was true.

"well the lady said that majority of the emails where sent to her from DOL.

I guess what those of us who did contribute by way of response to your thread, as requested, is hearsay. Was she able to confirm DOL names? Otherwise, how would she know the emails were sent to her from or by DOL people.

I don't condone abuse in any description or manner. But that also includes collective accusations against those who may after all be completely innocent, their only 'crime' being that they endeavoured to answer your query. Yes - you now realise your error in the manner of the information extended in your thread. However I don't accept, this error being recognised in hindsight, that it can be countered by allegations purporting to denegrate those same people from whom you sought and received help. Not without careful consideration and collection of factual proof.

If it were me, I would request the moderators "lock" your original topic to prevent further discourse of communications. I would also seek evidentary confirmation as to the source of the alleged "abusive" emails. And if such evidentary confirmation cannot be obtained, perhaps an apology to those you have issued blanket accusations.

Andoria1

I did not expect for this to happen, i am shocked as much as she is about this situation, as i was only asking for advice about other forms of training, not for you f***ing idiots to send this young lady hundereds of hate mail to her email.

Thanks very much. As a person who posted in that thread, I can quite happily say two things:

1. I sent no email. The person concerned would have no way of identifying whether the sender of any email was a DOL member unless they outed themselves. I never visited the website and a check of the hits on it would reveal that. Why would I want to look at the website of a person whose training methods are outdated by about 50 years.

2. I don't enjoy being called an F***ng idiot. Start seeking your training advice elsewhere my dear because this is at least one person who won't be responding to any further requests for advice. If you really want to improve the situation, for a start I suggest you get off the damn internet and give your dog at least 1.5 hours of exercise a day. EVERY DAY.

Your accusations are offensive and unfounded. Pause for a moment and remember as others have said that you don't need to be a member to read this website. You might also reflect on who caused the problem by identifying the trainer in the first place.

And they wonder why some long term DOLers get "short" with some posters. :)

Edited by poodlefan

Ditto what PF and Erny said. I would like to know how the trainer knows where the emails came from and i think 'hundreds' may be a slight exageration. In any case, by using the language you did, you may have alienated a number of experienced trainers from replying to your furture threads.

Personally I would like to see the trainer come on here & explain her methods. My first thought when I read your original post was that your choice of words about what she did with your dog were inflammatory, dramatic and possibly exagerrated. You need to take some responsibility for this situation, since it was you who originally started the discussion. Had you worded the events differently or not given the level of detail you did, I doubt she would have received any emails or she may have received some constructive ones rather than "hate" mails. You chose to list her website on a public forum & your comments about her were defammatory.

It is only right that she has the opportunity to come onto DOL, if she believes in her methods to explain her side of the story. It may be that her side of the story is completely different and I think she deserves the right to clear her name & reputation.

Edited by Vickie

Seems to me that there are three main problematic actions here, all of which ended up in this situation.

1. The trainer doing what she did to the dog (as described).

2. The OP giving out the trainer's personal details (yes, there ARE all kinds of people on the net, and that's why many of us choose to remain more or less anonymous). I don't have a problem with the OP describing the "training", but if you say something so negative about someone and ALSO post their personal contact details, that can be a problematic combination.

3. The person or people emailing the trainer.

IMO everyone involved in this chain has cause to look at their actions.

Edit: just reread Vickie's post and she makes an important point, the actions of the trainer are representations by the OP, who was the only person both at the site of the training, and on this board. I agree that the trainer has the opportunity to give her account of the actions.

Edit: fourth action: OP complaining in a very inflammatory way.

Edited by sidoney

2. I don't enjoy being called an F***ng idiot. Start seeking your training advice elsewhere my dear because this is at least one person who won't be responding to any further requests for advice. If you really want to improve the situation, for a start I suggest you get off the damn internet and give your dog at least 1.5 hours of exercise a day. EVERY DAY.

Make that two, three if you also count Miranda (going by her response in General).