In Regards To Destraint Therapy Topic

I thought that the "hundreds of threatening emails" had left her "in fear for her life"

I'd be calling the police if that were the case :rofl:

ETA I agree with PF, bring on the popcorn. This is a great example of why I think the minimum numer of posts should also be screened.

Edited by haven

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You informed the general public (the forum members) that you were concerned as threats of bodily harm had been made to the dog trainer(the third person)

under Section 31 of the crimes act 1900 - whoever sent the emails has committed an offence.

as this is a public forum and you posted that threats had been made against a third person, the police can investigate the matter whether they receive notification from the person who was actually threatend or not.

in short....i hope the trainer has saved some of these threatening emails as they can be charged otherwise.

Ya know what folks.. I reckon Andoria gave the trainer as clear a picture of what happened on DOL as she gave us of the training methods used.

The trainer's jumped on DOL, read comments about baseball bats, ACA and Fair Trading. She's been upset... and somehow Andoria's interpreted that as the trainer got hate emails.

Whaddya say Andoria.. is that what happened??

Ya know what folks.. I reckon Andoria gave the trainer as clear a picture of what happened on DOL as she gave us of the training methods used.

The trainer's jumped on DOL, read comments about baseball bats, ACA and Fair Trading. She's been upset... and somehow Andoria's interpreted that as the trainer got hate emails.

Third time lucky PF? :rofl:

Its nice to see that everyone has calmed down now and its amazing...even a little humor?...smile.

I do think that everyone has been a bit hard on Andoria though. Its not easy when you have a problematic dog. I went through it some time ago with my two beautiful ACD's who started biting people and other dogs when they were about 18 months old. It didnt matter what I tried, they just got worse and worse as they got older. I worked with my vet, I tried natural therapy, massage incase there was something hurting them. I tried diet and training at my obedience club and private training. Nothing helped. In the end, after they attacked a child on a bike I had no choice but to hold those babies still while my vet put them to sleep. Perhaps if I had tried a more heavy handed approach like that it just might have saved my dogs lives. I will never know. I do know that there is no way I would let anyone do anything like that to the dogs I have now. I have learned a lot since then and my present dogs are great natured thank God. But you really dont know what you might do if you are desperate to save your babies life. I still cry when I think about my beautiful boys and I will always wonder if I might have been able to find a way to stop them from attacking everyone who was not part of their family. I think Andoria might be guilty of being a bit naive and feels a little foolish now for mentioning this trainers personal info but deep down was just trying to do the right thing for the dog. Lighten up guys.

I agree, with lightening up.

Unless, one sees, what the posters dog is like and how the poster handles and trains the dog, we cannot judge.

All the same...........someone sending hundreds of abusive Emails. Eeeck. A long tale.......tail?

Puleeease, I do know what it is like to have a difficult dog and I'd say most of the people that replied to her origonal topic could say the same.

For the record, the only person being judgemental was Andoria herself. Did you read it, if you did you would know that not one sinlge person gave her a hard time. In return, no-one got a thankyou, instead DOL members were branded as "f***ing idiots". No-one got an apology.

I find your post a little condescending.

Poodlefan said Quote: " Ya know what folks.. I reckon Andoria gave the trainer as clear a picture of what happened on DOL as she gave us of the training methods used.

Not its not what happened .I asked for advice on DOL. Then Posted a website hoping to get some advice. Trainer tells me she received hate mail because of the method that was described in my post and for me posting the website. She calls me crying on phone worried about people attacking her, due to her email software flooded with hate mail, with threats to calling fair trading, ACA, people threatning to attack her as her photo was on the website.

That is what happened .

Im sorry you feel that way. I did read it and to me, the rude language coming from someone understandably upset was not addressed at all DOL's but instead at the fools who took it on themselves to abuse the trainer. If you feel that it was addressed to you perhaps there is a reason for that?

she cant be too concerned as her first response wasnt to goto the police...thats what any normal person would do if they felt there safety was in real and imminent danger.

has she refunded your money yet as you obviously werent happy and didnt receive any success with her training methods?

I still want to know how does she know that its people from DOL that emailed her.....

You must have told the trainer that you have posted the link to her website here, otherwise how would she know you did?

Or is this trainer a member here?

And she called you - her unsatisfied customer in tears? BTW did you get a refund?

also i forgot to mention that my dog will do anything for food, he will drop on command, and do anything you ask him too. But soon as food is out of the equation. Thats when hell starts lol..

Eesh, I'd love it if Gypsy was obssessed with food like that -- have you tried randomly leaving food out of the equation then? Instead of sit, food, drop, food trying sit, good boy, drop food.??