I Am Absolutely Stoked!

A few of you know that Spencer has had a few difficulties with the dog walk. We've worked with him for just under a year, trying to get him to go over. Everyone at the club has been extremely helpful. Never giving up. Anyway, tonight, he decided he was going to shock me. He ran straight over it!! :rolleyes: :thumbsup: We did it again and again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Then, to top it off, my German Shepherd had a quick go on a few pieces of equipment. With the training we've been doing at home, she managed to weave most of the 12 poles, the tunnel, dog walk and had a quick go at the tire!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me brag. Most of you probably won't know what we've been through to get to this stage, but thanks to all the trainers, the people I train with, and my parents, we've gotten to this stage.

We've got our first trial coming up soon, we'll only be doing jumpers though, because I don't want to risk the chance that something happens to make him loose his confidence on the walk/a-frame.

:cheer:

Well Done! You have every right to brag for both of them.

Isn't it amazing how one day it just clicks? When I started agility with Noah for teh first 4 weeks he wasn't that interested (probably b/c I didn't know what I was doing back then) so I decided it wasn't his thing & just left it. Then I decided to give him another go 6 weeks later & he was feral to do it, LOL.

Hey, well done. I know how exciting that is. Had the same thing with my previous BC boy in the days when the jumps were too high for him, so I wasn't all that bothered. Anyway - couldn't get him onto the walk - until one day he was tied up, watching my friend's two dogs and then my dog do the dogwalk. Took him off to do something else, and he went right over the dogwalk with now problems - and like PF's Lily with the A frame, the dogwalk became his favourite obstacle.

Do you think they sit down and plan how to keep us guessing?? :laugh:

Yep, he looked so confident, too, Sandra! Not even a hint of cautiousness. It won't be long before he's belting over it even faster. Well done on your persistence!

(you should have heard the complements you guys were getting afterwards- you and Spencer have quite the fan club :laugh:)

He was a very good boy last night. His last attempt that I saw was very confident.

But who would have guessed that a BC would be scared of heights :mad

Good job for persevering with him :laugh:

Sorry I missed Maddy's go at agility.

Guest Tiggy

Do you go to the Perth Dog Club Agility? I was all set to join this year but Sophie did her crutiate ligament so my Agility plans are on hold. I might come down to watch you guys though and I don't mind helping out.

Hey, well done. I know how exciting that is. Had the same thing with my previous BC boy in the days when the jumps were too high for him, so I wasn't all that bothered. Anyway - couldn't get him onto the walk - until one day he was tied up, watching my friend's two dogs and then my dog do the dogwalk. Took him off to do something else, and he went right over the dogwalk with now problems - and like PF's Lily with the A frame, the dogwalk became his favourite obstacle.

Do you think they sit down and plan how to keep us guessing?? ;)

Lol! Dogs are amazing, smart animals.

Yep, he looked so confident, too, Sandra! Not even a hint of cautiousness. It won't be long before he's belting over it even faster. Well done on your persistence!

(you should have heard the complements you guys were getting afterwards- you and Spencer have quite the fan club ;) )

Thanks Sam! ;)

Spencer (And me! ;) ) loves your dogs! He's always watching them, waiting for me to pay attention to something else, then he's off!!

He was a very good boy last night. His last attempt that I saw was very confident.

But who would have guessed that a BC would be scared of heights :)

Good job for persevering with him :rofl:

Sorry I missed Maddy's go at agility.

He is a funny dog lol. Now that we've passed this challenge, we've got to work on speed. :rofl:

Do you go to the Perth Dog Club Agility? I was all set to join this year but Sophie did her crutiate ligament so my Agility plans are on hold. I might come down to watch you guys though and I don't mind helping out.

Yep, at Ashfield. It's awesome there. Great trainers, great people, great atmosphere. I'm pretty sure they start a new course beginning of every school term. You should come down Friday arvo's!

:eek: Well Done . Congrats all round. :D :worship::) ;) :mad:laugh:

Julie

Thanks Julie! I'm still on cloud 9!! :scold:

Congrats and good luck at your upcoming trial.

Thanks Tollersowned!

Once again, a HUGE THANKS to EVERYONE!! Without everyones support, I would have given up many times already.

02-51.jpg

The running order varies with each trial and class. The trial organisers generally try to arrange things so people won't have clashes with runs in multiple rings.

So usually some rings will start with bigs dogs, some with small, and some with the in-between heights.

Sandra, the best thing to do is to turn up early to your first trial if you can- get a good convenient parking/sitting spot, and go and collect numbers and find out running order as soon as you can. I used to take a highlighter with me to mark my dogs' places in the running order, and I'd also identify the dogs running 3 or so ahead of me, so I could recognise when my run would be coming up, and get my dog warmed up and ready.