Agility Brags

We had a great day yesterday at the Border Collie Club trial.

Trim came 2nd in Excellenty Agility & had an AWESOME run in Masters Jumping to WIN the ring. I think it was the only run I have ever done where I could find nothing we could have improved.

Shine made about 20 more friends & got to sneak away to the sheep (shh don't tell Trim) :D .

A birdy told me there are some more brags from the weekend...

Ness?

Sandrasm?

C'mon guys, when you get it, flaunt it!

Anyone else?

Edited by Vickie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a brag but it was a couple of weeks ago..

Maverick got his ADX at Hawkesbury Tuesday night trial and on Saturday we had our first run in Masters with only 2 faults (handler error ie knocked bar/refusal) so I was really really pleased.

Also, at ADAA a couple of weeks ago, Maverick got his first Advanced/International pass. To get this pass, you have to go around a course that is harder and faster than Masters and win the ring.

Maverick got his ADX at Hawkesbury Tuesday night trial and on Saturday we had our first run in Masters with only 2 faults (handler error ie knocked bar/refusal) so I was really really pleased.

WOW, you got through Ex. quick! I remember holding my breath for his last pass in Novice a few times. Congratulations!

Also, at ADAA a couple of weeks ago, Maverick got his first Advanced/International pass. To get this pass, you have to go around a course that is harder and faster than Masters and win the ring.

Sounds like an awesome run. Well Done :D

Well done Vickie and Trim. And also to Maverick on your ADX.

Alright we had a huge day yesterday - sorry leopuppy I had to sleep in first :) .

First up we managed to get 6!!! that is right 6 lead outs in a trial. Almost better than the rest of my brag which I shall get to in a minute. I tried exactly what I suggested may work and basically took her lead off the minute we walked in the ring and before setting her up. She was much more stable that way. First couple I only left her a couple of steps and stayed on the same side of the jump but by my final couple of runs I was able to lead out to the other side of the first bar :D .

Now to my brags we also managed to walk away with 3 quallies from our 6 rounds (would have been 4 if I hadn't celebrated to soon when I thought my dog was committed to a tunnel when she wasn't. We got our first pass in open jumping coming 8th out of 9 quallifiers so she actually beat somebody (and like I said it was nearly 2). There was a bar way out and I thought she wasn't going to be able to complete the distance challenge because you basically had to stop dead and push the dog out to a bar set out at the max distance but nope she managed it. Not the nicest round from a handling perspective but I was thrilled that she passed. She also ran a lovely Masters Jumping round in the AM which she didn't quallie on but I was extremely happy with the round - the big thing she was under time.

The really big brag is she got not 1 but 2 quallies in Excellent Agility for finally her ADX title and not only did she manage two quallies but won the ring both times :o . I was shocked with her first round in particular as one of the other dogs who she beat by roughly 0.2 of a second I would have thought Ness would run slower so she must have been running really well. I couldn't wipe the smile of my face all day and certainly it was one of her best trials ever from a quallie perspective. She has managed 2 quallies out of 7 runs twice over in WA but hell 3 from 6 is brilliant - 2 of the other 6 were just small single errors (read handler errors) and the other run wasn't to bad either.

She weaved like a charm all day and got all her contacts. I was impressed with her weaving as there were lots of fast entries and some were even tripping up some of the Masters dogs.

Doubly please since I was up half of Saturday night with a very sore back and nearly didn't go yesterday as it was agony to even get in the car. Not sure if that was an omen or not.

Any way I posted all my rounds on youtube - so here are the links :( .

Excellent Agility AM

Open Jumping AM

Masters Jumping AM

Excellent Agility PM and ADX TITLE

Masters Jumping PM

Open Jumping - quallie

Edited by ness

Alright we had a huge day yesterday - sorry leopuppy I had to sleep in first :o .

WOW :D YOU SURE DID!

I've only watched half the runs so far, but had to stop & come back & comment. You & Ness are looking fantastic! Especially your front crosses! They are 100% on the last lot of videos I watched. You must have been working hard! WELL DONE! Good on you for the leadouts too! You won't know yourself once you don't have to think about them. She is flying through those weave poles too. I am so impressed and happy for you.

Now gotta go watch the rest...

Yeah leopuppy - at least I could sleep slightly better last night because I wasn't in so much pain until about 5am this morning - bloody back.

Whats more I have to get to uni later for a meeting this arvo - hmm hopefully I am feeling better.

Ness is still recovering from yesterday and sound asleep to :D .

ETA. Ness has been in excellent agility since 2004!!!!!!

Edited by ness

Vickie - fancy coming to Melbourne and helping me with my two :o!!!

:D I'd like a holiday...

Have you booked in ffor the Rob Michalski seminar at the end of July? It is well worth going either as a working spot or an auditor. He is an excellent dog (and people) trainer, he's VERY patient, breaks everything down & will give you a million ideas of things to work on.

Hey Vickie,

If your in the mood for a holiday Adelaide is a lovely place to visit - can even offer accomodation up on the Murray that is doggy friendly :D . Parents won't allow dogs inside at home (other than Ness) but up there its free range. We are right on the river (well as close as you can be) about a 400 meter walk down the hill.

ETA. It sucks that we never have seminars over here any more - just when I have the money to be able to go now :o

Edited by ness

Weell,

We were entered in both Novice agility and Novice jumping. During the week Spencer got an ear infection. So we didn't do any training for a week. Not sure if you guys remember me talking about Spencer and his dog walk/A-frame/height problems? In agility, the surface on the dog walk was different to what he's used to. He stopped half way up, and jumped off. Second attempt he flew over it. :o I'm very happy he trusted me and did it. :)

We qualified in jumpers. It was a good course, I was just nervous before hand and paranoid that I'd forget the course. We just need to work on speed now. We now have 2 legs for our novice jumpers title, in 2 trials. :(

The support from everyone was awesome! Being a junior, and this only being our 2nd trial. Well I thought it was great anyhoo.

:D :(

Edited by Sandrasm

Well I only have a tiny tiny tiny brag..dunno if its even good enough for a brag but here goes...

Abbie and I had our first agility trial on Saturday.

Her first run was regular agility and she wouldn't go up the dog walk the first time but towards the end of the run she got better.

Her second run was regular 2 and she went really really well. She did the distance test great, weaved, didn't get sucked into the tunnel when there was a tunnel/a-frame and tunnel/dog walk discrimination but I called her over an off course jump so we didn't Q but I was still super happy coz it was a great run! we came 1st

She didn't Q in Chances because she was 1 second too slow, otherwise a good run.

Touch N Go she was clean but yet again 1 sec too slow. She still came 2nd :o

Weavers she missed an entry but otherwise was great. Came 2nd again!! :(

Jumpers she had one off course jump ( I got lost ) but it was a really good run besides that and I took a big lead out which she handled fine.

All in all it was a great day and we only need to work on focus (she stopped to "talk" to the judge a few times) and speed.

She got two 2nds and two 1sts !! :)

edit: You know what i learned? That the numbers mean nothing if you don't know what number the last obstacle you took was! :D

Edited by t(AD)pole

Way to go everyone on the great results. :confused:

Bella is been going for 4 titles in April, so far so good, would be great if she could because she might be having pups some time soon. She got her JDX on 1 April, and now only has 1 pass to go for snooker and agility excellent and 2 more for strategic pairs. She came so close to the ADX 2 weeks ago. She slid off the table because she was going too fast which she hasnt done for ages. She tried so hard to hang on but couldn't and bounced back on like a ping pong ball when she landed.

Helen, I think I saw a dog you bred at the agility trial I was at on Sat. His name was Max. :cool: He was really cute.

edit: BTW- well done to everyone at their trial. Some great results there! :confused:

Edited by t(AD)pole

We had a great day yesterday at the Border Collie Club trial.

Trim came 2nd in Excellenty Agility & had an AWESOME run in Masters Jumping to WIN the ring. I think it was the only run I have ever done where I could find nothing we could have improved.

Shine made about 20 more friends & got to sneak away to the sheep (shh don't tell Trim) :confused: .

Hi Vickie

Well done to you both.

Trim's run in Masters was unbelievable. Everyone was on their feet watching you both in amazement. And you made it look so easy. I wish I had the video camera to tape it.

I will bring both on Sunday. I won't have Duke with me so I will be free to capture what I want. :cool:

P.S. Duke sends a kiss to Shine :eek:

Helen, I think I saw a dog you bred at the agility trial I was at on Sat. His name was Max. :cool: He was really cute.

edit: BTW- well done to everyone at their trial. Some great results there! :confused:

That's Bella's pup, what a small world. He is very cute (and I am not biased).

I was supposed to go to that trial but missed sending the entries due to a very busy time.

Glad you had a good time and did so well a the trial. Bella was always greeting the judges when she started too LOL. You will start making the time before you know it if you are only missing out by 1 second - well done.

Edited by helen