Drying Your Dog After A Bath

Chamois have chemicals, I understand, that shouldn't be used for dogs. The moisture magnet is dog specific.

Thanks guys! I'll get myself one of them too. I didn't even realise there was a such a thing on the market. Sounds like a good product.

Heya Emmala,

I use Aloveen on Cibo and after I have towel dried him which is a mission - he races round in big circles like his butt is on fire so I hold the towel up and wait... every he passes he gets a quick rub down... Usually this only lasts a couple of minutes cause I am laughing to hard to do any good. I then use my hairdryer - full force but low heat and hold it back from him. As soon as I turn it on he stops his circles and comes flying over to it, he LOVES it - he sits there and puts his head right back and licks his chops like he does when you are scratching his back! When I turn it off he roles over onto his back and "snorts" at me until I turn it back on and do his tummy. But as you know, he is a freak! :rofl:

His coat and skin is great, no ill effects from the hair dryer and I use once a week.

Maybe if you scratch Abby's tummy or wherever her fav place is while you blow dry her - then she will relate the dryer to "pampering"???

Good Luck - can't wait to hear how she goes!!!

Heya Emmala,

I use Aloveen on Cibo and after I have towel dried him which is a mission - he races round in big circles like his butt is on fire so I hold the towel up and wait... every he passes he gets a quick rub down... Usually this only lasts a couple of minutes cause I am laughing to hard to do any good. I then use my hairdryer - full force but low heat and hold it back from him. As soon as I turn it on he stops his circles and comes flying over to it, he LOVES it - he sits there and puts his head right back and licks his chops like he does when you are scratching his back! When I turn it off he roles over onto his back and "snorts" at me until I turn it back on and do his tummy. But as you know, he is a freak! :D

His coat and skin is great, no ill effects from the hair dryer and I use once a week.

Maybe if you scratch Abby's tummy or wherever her fav place is while you blow dry her - then she will relate the dryer to "pampering"???

Good Luck - can't wait to hear how she goes!!!

Thanks Shihzoo!

How did I know Cibo would love his baths and all the pampering that goes with it :rofl: :D

I'll keep that in mind when I go to use the dryer on Abby, she adores having her belly rubbed. In fact I haven't met too many dogs that don't like having their bellies rubbed :):)

I'll keep you informed :p Oh, and say hi too Cibo for me :rofl:

Cheers,

Em

I was given a hint once by a groomer, to use an upright air fan on low setting.After towel drying, I stand my dog on the grooming table and comb and brush with the blower on low, moving it around as I go and she is dried in no time and isn't frightened by any noise. (she is an american cocker with a puppy cut, not show cut) The other useful hint I was given, was to pull a stocking over her feet, to hold back her fur and only her nails are sticking out, making it easier to see to clip her nails. :(

I bought a moisture magnet ages ago and for some reason put it away in the cupboard and never used it :provoke: Anyway I hunted it out yesterday and used it and it did get a lot of water out of the boy I bathed. So thanks for jogging my memory! In the cooler months I quite often use my little blower heater to dry them off a bit. I put them in a crate with the heater blowing towards them. You do have to keep a close eye on them though - don't want to cook 'em!