Open Day At Dogs Sa

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went along to Vets and Pets in the Park last year and the dogs had a ball! The dogs enjoyed themselves and there were lots on people and stalls to talk to and visit.

Well worth going!

Oh that looks like fun. SACA Park is in Kilburn, isn't it?

Yep :rofl:

I would like to take Brennan, but she may not cope with it ( she is reactive) and I don't want to risk placing her in that situation with a lot of new dogs on leads and noise/ people yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at the flier and there's a comp for "Smoochiest Pooch". Akira could totally win that one (said as she's licking my hand as I type on the keyboard). :confused:

There's also:

Cutest Canine

Mutts only a Mother Could Love

Dog and Owner Lookalike (I reckon my neighbour should enter this!)

Child's Best Friend

Golden Oldies

Best Trick

Best Groomed

Best Dressed

Sounds like it should be a good day. :confused:

I will be there again :eek: Will be taking some of the Shar Pei Rescue Australia dogs out as from the last one we found the perfect home for one of our dogs in care :eek:

Any Dolers interested in meeting up at a certain time , possibly around lunch time??

Oh that looks like fun. SACA Park is in Kilburn, isn't it?

Yep :laugh:

I would like to take Brennan, but she may not cope with it ( she is reactive) and I don't want to risk placing her in that situation with a lot of new dogs on leads and noise/ people yet.

I went a previous year and took Ringo with me, I am going again this year but without him..... even though all the dogs are on lead, there were so many I could not keep an eye on all of them, I stressed the whole time that he would snap at another dog. That took all the fun out of it.....

I will be there again Will be taking some of the Shar Pei Rescue Australia dogs out as from the last one we found the perfect home for one of our dogs in care

Any Dolers interested in meeting up at a certain time , possibly around lunch time??

Miss Squish, I will definitely see your for some Shar Pei hugs... :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
I will be there again :laugh: Will be taking some of the Shar Pei Rescue Australia dogs out as from the last one we found the perfect home for one of our dogs in care :laugh:

Will see you there Miss Squish :rofl: ! I'll bring Madeline along, I reckon she'll win at least one of those competitions that whiskedaway mentioned! :laugh:

Haha, you're on!

What's the bet Akira will get stage fright? I know for sure she won't kiss anyone other than people she knows though. :/

One of her first commands that she was taught the week after we got her was "kisses". :D

:) Spot will probably be too distracted by the other dogs. He won't stop licking you until you get sick of it!

The MDBA were all set to go and one of our members had paid money out of her own pocket for banners etc then they decided we werent allowed to have a stand.

They have decided that the MDBA is an alternative to them - Pretty amazing when all we do is encourage more people to join them , that we dont keep a registry and we dont hold dogs shows.

We have challenged it but they still say we are not allowed in even though they know one of our breeder members is a DogsNSW director!

The MDBA were all set to go and one of our members had paid money out of her own pocket for banners etc then they decided we werent allowed to have a stand.

They have decided that the MDBA is an alternative to them - Pretty amazing when all we do is encourage more people to join them , that we dont keep a registry and we dont hold dogs shows.

We have challenged it but they still say we are not allowed in even though they know one of our breeder members is a DogsNSW director!

I have to say Dogs SA's handling of anything MDBA related was in extremely poor form. I email about setting a stall up [for the PACERS] and they were really helpful until I mentioned what the stall was about, then [surprise surprise] I had no contact back from them.