Sa Dogs Open Day Photos :)

Skitch

My photos are not very good :happydance: Sorry about that! I was either holding our elderly cattle dog X bully breed who just looooves to pull on the lead or our very excitable italian greyhound pup! Our camera is gigantic and cumbersome so you can imagine the difficulty I had taking photos :o. But still, these are the ones I took and it seems silly not to share them :swing:.

We had a good few hours there! Met lots of dog and I was very impressed with how well behaved our two mutts were. I almost didn't bring our old cattle dog X mix Jess because she can be a bit grumpy if other dogs irritate her and I was worried about how she'd handle so many new dogs! But she was brilliantly behaved all day.. nothing but tail wagging, happy smiling and even a few play bows! I haven't seen her do one of those since she was a young'in lol. I guess she deserves more credit.. I wont be so hesitant with taking her to such events in future. Our little iggy Boomer got over his characteristic shyness relatively quickly too.. he played with lots of dogs and was petted by lots of people and seemed quite happy about it all :p.

Please feel free to contribute any photos you took today to this thread! I hope there hasn't already been one started.. I did look but couldn't find any.

DSCF8223copy.jpg

Pretty boy Boomer. One would have thought it would be too warm to be wearing a jacket.. apparently not. He just wouldn't settle until it was on so he got his way :happydance:.

sheikwanking-1.jpg

A chillaxin' Aussie :o.

DSCF8220copy.jpg

A couple of irate looking bulldogs :happydance:. They were very friendly actually.. adorable!

DSCF8224copy.jpg

A very gentle giant Irish Wolfhound saying hello to what I think is a schnauzer!

DSCF8225copy.jpg

Just beautiful <3.

DSCF8231copy.jpg

D'awwe. Adorable little berner puppy! :swing:

DSCF8235copy.jpg

A very proud looking rottie who seemed to pose on cue when I whipped the camera out! Lol

DSCF8238copy.jpg

Boomer playing with one of the SA dog rescue dogs.. I think his name is Bish :p. He was very friendly and seemed to love playing! Boomer was excited to have a playmate close to his own size lol.

DSCF8243copy.jpg

There's something you dont see everyday.. a rottie pulling a cart lol! Wish I got a better shot of this.

DSCF8246copy.jpg

A beautiful Anatolian Shepherd (I think the lady said he was actually a kangal though)! :swing: These are among my favorite breeds and I was so excited to have seen one! Was great to speak to an owner too.. I would love to own one of these guys in a few years :p.

DSCF8253copy.jpg

Adorable pug puppy!

DSCF8254copy.jpg

Hehee <3.

DSCF8255copy.jpg

Sleepy Boston terrier! I had to ask if they were bostons or frenchies! I've never seen a boston in real life before.. they're really quite cute :o.

DSCF8272copy.jpg

Dogue de..something. I'm not even going to attempt to spell it LOL. So cute though and very friendly!

DSCF8273copy.jpg

OMG OTHER IGGIES! :swing: :p :o They're a rarity you know.. this is the first time I've seen other iggies while out with Boomer :happydance:!

DSCF8277copy.jpg

Boomer smooching a whippet :o.

DSCF8283copy.jpg

Tired <3.

DSCF8285copy.jpg

Also tired! Lol

Anyone get a pic of my Chessie who made a brief apperance this morning before his flight to Perth :o

What did he look like? :swing:

Great pictures :p

Thanks so much for sharing, I have been hoping to see pictures. I loved the Aussie's, the Berner, Pug and that beautiful Rottie. The DDB is gorgeous too

No probs :o Wish I had of taken more to be honest! Ah well.. perhaps next year lol.

Photobucket spat these two out for some reason.. Lol

DSCF8226copy.jpg

Piggy dog saying hi to gentle giant :happydance:

DSCF8239copy.jpg

Boomer and 'Bish' the rescue dog again! He was so cute and got along with Boomer so well.. wish I could of taken him home!

Edited by Skitch

oh man , Skitch, i was the one with 'Biff' the rescue dog at the SA Dog Rescue stand. I didn't even know it was you !!

Good news for Biff he has a couple of house checks on the cards and is likely to be adopted very soon :laugh:

Love you photos Skitch... :laugh:

I didn't take a lot of photos, mostly just of Nandi.. :o

The 'oldies'... the Grey dane is 9.

4984568174_f3bac1a6d1_z.jpg

The Kangal won a prize, can't remember for what.... I also talked to the owner, its a beautiful dog.

4983958007_ecaaecb94c_z.jpg

Nandi, she was sleeping on my lap.... to much fun for one day. :eek:

4984545580_1ae192379b_z.jpg

Playing with a friend.

4983931781_ef1bd2d3da_z.jpg

Edited by Tokkie

LOL silly me! I must have misheard.. I asked somone his name and thought they said Bish :laugh:. Biff is much cuter! That's lovely that he'll be adopted soon.. he seemed like a very happy little guy! I'm sure he'd fit into a nice family very easily :laugh:.

OMG! Nandi makes me implode with cute! She is ADORABLE! Was there a prize for best dressed? She should have won it if there was! I wish I got to enter my old girl in the 'golden oldies' comp :laugh:. Stupid prior engagements lol

That Aussie was very regal looking, beautiful boy :laugh:. I wanted to stop and chat to the Aussie people but Jess had other ideas and didn't want to stop for no chatting! :/ lol

OMG! Nandi makes me implode with cute! She is ADORABLE! Was there a prize for best dressed? She should have won it if there was! I wish I got to enter my old girl in the 'golden oldies' comp :laugh:. Stupid prior engagements lol

Nandi says thank you for all the compliments.... :laugh:

Skitch, she got judges choice in best dress, this is a better photo of the dress..... :laugh:

4984878837_8d72ea88aa_z.jpg