Are His Kidney's Failing?

My baby is currently sleeping - he has had a quiet day but seems to be doing ok. He is sleeping a lot but seem bright enough. This morning he was bouncing around and took his meds before gobbling down his breakfast. He didn't eat it all but he had a good go. He has now had some cuddles and is now tucked up in his bed.

I have to take him back to the vet on Thursday night for the chemical castration. I am half hoping for some improvement after that but deep down I know it will probably not make any real difference.

I have finally been able to attach some photos... here are some of my favourites.

post-1668-1179911871_thumb.jpg post-1668-1179911970_thumb.jpg post-1668-1179912013_thumb.jpg post-1668-1179912064_thumb.jpg post-1668-1179912133_thumb.jpg

Tilly - As time has moved on since losing my girl 10 months ago, it seems that although my heart is full and understands your pain, helpful words that I might offer have dried up. Maybe because I realise there aren't any words that can make a difference to a breaking heart.

I do know though that it helps to know you are surrounded by people who care and understand what you do and so it is for this alone that I post here now. I hope my contribution to your support helps, if only a little.

Cherish the time you have together and know that your boy understands that you are taking care of him, that you hurt because of what's happening to him, and that you are doing and will continue to do all you can with his best interests at heart.

The most we can do is give selflessly.

:thumbsup: Take care and enjoy the special moments that will still be there.

Like you, I hold hope that maybe the treatment he's received will assist in some way.

Thinking of you Tilly , as I am here typing though :)

Such a dear old soul he is , gee its such a hard time for you now.

I know you will do your best for him just as I did for Bronson II he to was suffering from Prostate among other things..

sending you both big :thumbsup: :D

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the vet again on Saturday for a follow-up. Thanksfully the infection has cleared up but the bad news is the size of the lump has not reduced in size (it might actually be a little bigger).

This basically suggests it isn't an enlarged prostate but more then likely the tumour the vet suggested. His kidneys are failing but at this stage he is still battling on.

He has a really good appetite and seems happy enough in himself. I will admit I am totally spoiling him with all his favourite foods. He is getting lots of cuddles and quality time.

We will continue with the 4 weekly chemical castration (Tardak) and do what we can to make him comfortable.