Joint Guard Or Sasha's Blend

My Labrador has arthritis and is going to be having injections to help with this but I was going to give him Sasha's blend as well but it seems like everyone is recommending Joint Guard on here so now I don't know which one to go.

What do people recommend???

From memory Sacha's Blend has glucosamine, as does Joint Guard,but JG also has chondroiten and MSM (according to the publicity it is the only dog product with MSM, an additive that is routinely used for horses with joint issues). Additionally, Sacha's has a strong smell (and I guess flavour) that some fussy dogs don't like & won't eat whereas JG is completely oderless.

I've gone Joint Gard over sashas blend for the reason New Age Outlaw has posted. My girls didnt like the sashas blend much either, but will eat the JG without problems.

I've gone Joint Gard over sashas blend for the reason New Age Outlaw has posted. My girls didnt like the sashas blend much either, but will eat the JG without problems.

So in the long run it is more likely to be eaten and it is a superior product at a cheaper price from my research.

So in the long run it is more likely to be eaten and it is a superior product at a cheaper price from my research.

Would you mind posting where you have found Joint Guard at a cheaper price?

I'm currently using Osteocare biscuits for Coda, who is the fussiest eater on the planet. You can check them out here

Being in a biscuit form it is quite convenient, but I'm not sure it has as many ingredients as Joint Guard.

I'm currently using Osteocare biscuits for Coda, who is the fussiest eater on the planet. You can check them out here

Being in a biscuit form it is quite convenient, but I'm not sure it has as many ingredients as Joint Guard.

Try either

http://www.vetstop.com.au/shop/shopdisplay...;cat=Joint+Care

or

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/product.ph...=303&page=1

Second option cheaper. Kaos is quite happy with the powder.

hi all my golden retriver cross has arthritis has had it for a few yrs she is 8yrs old vet said its a back bone problem and when we first noticed her limping and shaking a bit in legs took her to my local vet he put her on sashas blend straight away after about a week she was jumping and running around like a 2yr old and so my big suggestion is ppl use sahas blend great product and it works

My amstaff has ED & was originally on Sashas blend which didn't seem to offer much improvement to his limp. On the other hand, within weeks of being a Joint Guard there was a noticable improvement. I think they are both quite different in ingredients, Sashas blend is marine based using green lipped muscles & marine cartilage among other things, while Joint Guard contains glucosamine hydrochloride, MSM, Vitamin C etc. I believe that the MSM makes the glucosamine more easily absorbed.

I have also been reading online about a product called Flexicose that is a high quality liquid form of glucosamine & is supposed to be very good. It's only available in Australia in the human form which is apparently the exact same thing, though the pet version can be ordered from the US. I will be trialling Diesel on it shortly.

Most of all, good luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by ILuvAmstaffs

Does anyone know if Joint Guard is safe to use in conjunction with Aspirin? My mum's old dog (16) has had arthritis for a few years now. She tried Sasha's Blend but didn't see much improvement (except in her coat!). Paddi is now on a daily dose of Aspirin (which is actually to help her incontinence) but it has also helped her arthritis. Mum says that she still limps but seems much happier and much more comfortable. Would it be OK to give her some Joint Guard as well as the Aspirin? Thanks!

I have tried all sorts of joint supplements for both horses & dogs & the only one with a really noticable improvement (even with tendon scans) was a product called "Primeval" I have used it on a GSD that was diagnosed severe HD at 5months old she had the mandatory cartrophin & other joint supplements with little releif but is on 1tsp a night of Primeval & is now 7yo & gets around with no obvious signs of discomfort, we also have a 20yo SJ with bad joints on Primival & he looks a million dollars & is jumping well.

I have found few supplements taht have worked for my dogs... & I believe it is because they are on BARF diets, so have already been consuming good amounts of cartilage, minerals etc. I have never really needed to introduce such supplements until they were well into their teens, & I am talking about large & working breeds here, ie GSD, BSD, Kelpie x. So for me diet is the main safeguard against arthritis.

One which did seem to work better than the others I tried, is 'Glucosamine Plus' made by Science Products. It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, green lipped muscle, manganese ascorbate & MSM. It is in tablet form & is cheaper than a lot of products, 60 tablets $18.95.

Definately Joint Guard - Mum has her Labrador on it.

From what the vet said to us, Joint Guard has Glucosamine/Chondroitin (an equal ratio) & MSM (which works as a natural pain reliever) so is going to give you better results than Sasha's Blend that only has raw ingredients and doesnt have as much glucosamine/chondroitin as Joint Guard - from what my vet told me there is no guarantee on exactly how much is in there..... it also has shark cartilidge.

Mum's dog has improved out of sight!!

HI There,

my little meg has not really responded from the simple glucosamine products like Joint Guard and has just recently started on Osteocare and she is now bouncing around. My Vet told me that type II collagen is new thing for preventing Osteoarthritis and Osteocare is the only product. Plus, my dog loves them!

Megmans owner

Osteocare is a little different from these things as it has this collagen stuf plus the other goodies that Joint Guard etc. It has been unbelievably good for meg. I am so impressed. I agree, even the fussiest dog loves them

Try either

http://www.vetstop.com.au/shop/shopdisplay...;cat=Joint+Care

or

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/product.ph...=303&page=1

Second option cheaper. Kaos is quite happy with the powder.

Osteocare is a little different from these things as it has this collagen stuf plus the other goodies that Joint Guard etc. It has been unbelievably good for meg. I am so impressed. I agree, even the fussiest dog loves them

Am interested in this Osteocare, but it didnt say on the website that it had the same goodies as Joint Guard

It mentions type II collegen but it doesnt say anywhere that there is Glucosamine & Chondroitin in it like the Joint Guard?

Did your vet tell you how its the same as Joint Guard?