Barker

Flaves

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: Barker, try and meet up with my Rocky boy, he's been there for a while and will know all the great doggy places to hang out!

Kristie, so sorry hun... :o

efs

Edited by Luv my White Shepherd

Kristy, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I glimpsed this thread the other day, but had no words for you, so I did not post. I still have no words for you, except that I know how much your heart is breaking right now, and my heart breaks for you and your family. I knew I should not have read it here at work, because now I am bawling!

Please, do not blame yourself. It was an awful accident, and no one is to blame. You gave Barker all the love you had, and I am sure he knew that. And I know you will miss him.

He is up there with my Loki girl now, and all the other DOL dogs who have passed, and I bet they are having the time of their lives just waiting for us when the time comes.

Please take care of yourself, :)

RIP Barker :scared:

Lokelani, thankyou for your words.

It emans heap sto know that i have people that know how i feel.

I am trying not to blame myself but it is hard. I miss him adn he left a big hole in me. I feel empty although i have the other 2, but the Barker spot is empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Kristie I am so sadded to hear what has happened to Barker.

There seem to have been so many sad accidents with collars lately :cry: .

We found these one available in Australia - they are breakaway collars so that dogs cannot get strangled. I know it is too late for your Barker :cry: but it may help your other dogs.

Hugs to you :rofl:

http://www.barfnsw.com.au/breakaway_collar.php

Thanks BMP, i have ordered them for my other two, my neighbour has ordered them for her two adn a lot of people on DOL have ordered tehm too after what happened to Barks.

THankyou for your kind words.

Hey Kristie -

extremely sorry to hear about your boy... not really much I can say I know, but hang in there.

If it helps at all, from what I've seen on this site the tragic death of Barker may have saved countless other dogs' lives by bringing this terrible accident to people's attention.... I for one had NO IDEA about the potential risks involved with dogs wearing collars... you were simply being a responsible dog owner and doing the right thing... don't blame yourself (I'm positive Barker wouldn't).

Hopefully Barker will be running amuck with my Cagney girl who passed away last March......... god only knows what kind of havoc they might be causing!

• 2 weeks later...

Krisie, Im crying....its a sad story its so much harder to hear you speak the story.

I really hope your story helps someone.

Well done.

hi Kristie, i am sooo sorry for your sad loss,but be comforted how extremely lucky Barker was to have a family that loved him, as so many beautiful dogs do not have that opportunity.some dogs and their owners are lucky enough to share a spiritual bond even though we love them all the same, it sounds like what you had and still have with Barker.

May those beautiful ears fly you to rainbow bridge, and keep company with my beautiful Bree, Barker. Love to you and your family Kristie. xxxxx