The Best Toys?

Love my Sonny and Neko

I'm still on the hunt for a toy thats in-destructable as my two consume everything!! Most recent - a $50 AussieDog Tug-Thong thatlasted 1 afternoon and my $100 brand new black shoes.

The kongs are still in one piece - as is a blue orca toy. I think my next purchase will be a nylabone.

pretty sure aussie dog have a 12 month warranty.. take it back to the shop you brought it from and ask, i have a few aussie dog toys ive had for 3 years outlasted a lab, staffy and med fluffy who is the most destructive dog.... only thing staffy will kill is a soccer ball,. much to my 10 yo sons discust and tourment, h remy killed his good soccer ball,. ooops, now have to get him a new one again. if he gets hold of it , it will last max 2 mins..

next week i will be ordering a staffy ball for him and maybe one of the mitch ( i think they are called) balls,

hes not interesetd in tennis balls either, but lives for his tug toys. coconuts were a big hit too.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still on the hunt for a toy thats in-destructable as my two consume everything!! Most recent - a $50 AussieDog Tug-Thong thatlasted 1 afternoon and my $100 brand new black shoes.

The kongs are still in one piece - as is a blue orca toy. I think my next purchase will be a nylabone.

pretty sure aussie dog have a 12 month warranty.. take it back to the shop you brought it from and ask, i have a few aussie dog toys ive had for 3 years outlasted a lab, staffy and med fluffy who is the most destructive dog.... only thing staffy will kill is a soccer ball,. much to my 10 yo sons discust and tourment, h remy killed his good soccer ball,. ooops, now have to get him a new one again. if he gets hold of it , it will last max 2 mins..

next week i will be ordering a staffy ball for him and maybe one of the mitch ( i think they are called) balls,

hes not interesetd in tennis balls either, but lives for his tug toys. coconuts were a big hit too.

I was going to take it back till i read on there website the guarantee is only against the balls and home alones. The thongs aren't covered.

I was going to take it back till i read on there website the guarantee is only against the balls and home alones. The thongs aren't covered.

ohh ok sorry didnt know that, thats good to know..

i have a thong toy from aussie dog and it has lasted 1 tough lab and 1 staffy.. your doggie must be one tough chewer..

mind you my stafford has been thru 2 Nylabones, the current one in his crate and he has chewed it down to almost nothing, due for a new one. also his cuz toy he luvs wont chew that to pieces just plays and throws it around.. mind you hes not a destroyer of toys, he only chews bones and nylabones..

ohh ok sorry didnt know that, thats good to know..

i have a thong toy from aussie dog and it has lasted 1 tough lab and 1 staffy.. your doggie must be one tough chewer..

mind you my stafford has been thru 2 Nylabones, the current one in his crate and he has chewed it down to almost nothing, due for a new one. also his cuz toy he luvs wont chew that to pieces just plays and throws it around.. mind you hes not a destroyer of toys, he only chews bones and nylabones..

Before

1.5weeks After

I think the rope and yellow handle have been consumed as i can't find them. My fault though - they are meant to be an "interactive" toy - i left it alone with my pups.

my goodness.. that is some chewing there.. the most mine have suffered is the home alone toy,, the yellow plastic part on rope has a few teeth marks in it, where labby boy used to grab and pull it. couldnt pull the part he was suppoosed to the soft part no had to pull the hard part, i only get it out every now and then for stafford i wont leave it there he is obsessed with larger soccer ball size balls, hed hang himslef trying to get it i reckon.

I found a great toy while I was helping clear out our office.....a post pac!

I have to take the ends off mine because Charlie eats them, then throws up, but he loves them being in there, and you can even put stuff inside for the dogs to get it out.

Charlie ends up ripping up the cardboard. It makes a bit of a mess but he loves it! They last a while too!

Probably isn't good for an itty bitty dog!

Everything is a chew toy for our staffy, he particularly likes my padded bras :thumbsup: but we did buy him some proper chew toys like a kong and they interested him for a little while. The toy he loves the best is an empty plastic bottle, one that originally contained juice, softdrink or milk and if we put a handful of dog biscuits in it then it keeps him occupied for ages. He chases it around the house and yard, it's like watching someone playing pinball because he can't always grip it but his biting gives the bottle momentum and it bounces of walls and doors - I had tears pouring down my face on one occasion because it was so funny to watch. Another thing he really loves is a stubby cooler made from wetsuit material, we even put them on the plastic bottles because they were soft and reasonably indestructible.

Just wondering if you are still looking for something for your pup to chew. I started another post on here and it was suggested to get a coconut. I asked the vet and they said that as long as it wasn't 3 or 4 per day to wouldn't be a problem for them to eat the whole thing but she also doesn't think they woudl get through one at all.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys... love the coconut idea... will have to give that a go. Just give him the whole thing? How amusing that will be!!!

Sonny has gone through 2 of those tyre things... he loves ripping the squeaker out and then ripping the plastic apart into tiny bits... really easy to pick up... not.

what do you mean by "really easy to pick up...not" ?

Our dogs destroy EVERYTHING. When you have Cavaliers and Border Collies - there is no time for rest :(

I gave up buying expensive "Indestructible" toys and started going to the $2-shop buying them squeekers and rope toys, or whatever I could find. I have recently found some very solid rubber bone-shapped throw toys. The first one is still intact so I went back and bought 3 more in different colours. They cost $4 each and are still going strong... They can chew them for hours and barely even leave a mark on them!

Most the other toys would last between 30mins and 1 month. Or they would get empty softdrink bottles with some kibble in it, or at the moment they have a piece of irrigation pipe, very thick and slowly getting shorter and shorter! They love it though.

They also get old shoes (which is ok, as long as you trust them not to confuse the shoes they have been given, with the shoes by the door, or in the wardrobe!)

I have heard of these balls before Enduro Ball

But have also bought one of these - it seems to be lasting a very long time and looks to be in great condition still.

Apparently, it is "Self Healing" and has something to do with the soft squishee-ness it is made out of.

Everlasting Fun Ball

OH used to get annoyed picking up bits and pieces of plastic and rubber from toys in the yard, but he has soon learnt that letting them have fun and destroy toys means they stay off his garden and don't dig holes in our nice (brown) grass.

Personally - I don't mind too much about the garden, grass or bits and pieces making it look untidy - If my puppies are happy, I'm happy :)

Ane - thanks for that... will definitely look into the everlasting ball. I too have seen those bone things - did you get them at cheap as chips? I didn't bother getting one cause I thought he would just destroy it.

Bad news though - the coconut was a dud. It is still sitting in the backyard completely unloved!

A couple of people have mentioned the pipe so will give that a go.

Cheers