What Do Peolpe Think Of The New Flea Treatment

I went to the vet yesterday to get my monthly flea satchet and they told me about a product that does fleas,worms and heartworms in one bottle per month.

Has anyone used this and does it work OK.

No I dont use it myself as I find it not too economical having 10 dogs. But it has been on the market for years & people like using it. I use Advantix mainly now, and use tablets for heart/intestinal worms, as it is much cheaper for me.

If you are interested in this product you should take a look at www.pricelesspets.com.au

Revolution ranges from $60 - $71 depending on the size dog, and that is the cheapest you will find it ,with Vets average price being $100-$120 for the same thing.

:wink:

Edited by Cavandra

So revolution will include flea treatment and worming?

No need to feed worming tablet?

Do you just apply the revolution onto their skin?

It sounds good to me as I have problem in feeding Chelsea her monthly worming tablet

My dogs suffer from fleas and so does the cat.

I think it sounds great.we get our new pup next week and I wanted to start her on this.My plan is to spread the cost by buying 1 packet[of 3 month] every 2 week and spreading it out.

I only just done the dogs with another flea thing so I still have 1 month up my sleeve i can spread it out on

I agree with Poodlefan. Only had fleas once in the 15 years I've been here and those were coming from the ground under the house where feral cats had been before I moved in and while it cost a bit to get them eradicated by a professional it was cheaper and safer than putting stuff into my dogs systems. I always have a faeces test done every so often to check for worms in the older dogs so also avoid the regular worming bit. Haven't had to worm the gang for a couple of years now.

Hydatid exposure is relatively rare, so why worm for it unless necessary?

The only time I have ever been worried about hydatids was when my bitch was catching and eating wild rabbits. I don't feed raw offal or lamb or mutton unless it comes from a butcher - this meat has all been inspected to prevent people being exposed to hydatids.

Ordinary flea tapeworm can be treated quickly as they are easily noticed.

I just payed $97.00 for Sentinel Spectrum for Bear, its for large dogs and cover all worms (tape worm included) is a heart worm prevention, and kills fleas and larvae.

6 months worth, I thought it was pretty good for a product that does everything in one, as the guy at City farmers told me its the only product that does everything as all other products dont cover Tape Worm you have to purchase seperately.

Easy Peezy.

I also use Sentinel Spectrum, it is great because it is a monthly tablet that does all and I have dogs that love to swim, so I don'thave to keep them away from water for any length of time like you have to when you use a spot on. I did have a flea problem in the environment, but since using sentinel spectrum that seems to be under control.

I just payed $97.00 for Sentinel Spectrum for Bear, its for large dogs and cover all worms (tape worm included) is a heart worm prevention, and kills fleas and larvae.

6 months worth, I thought it was pretty good for a product that does everything in one, as the guy at City farmers told me its the only product that does everything as all other products dont cover Tape Worm you have to purchase seperately.

Easy Peezy.

If you had bought your Sentinel Spectrum from PricelessPets you would have paid under $66 for it.

My dogs suffer from fleas and so does the cat.

I think it sounds great.we get our new pup next week and I wanted to start her on this.My plan is to spread the cost by buying 1 packet[of 3 month] every 2 week and spreading it out.

I only just done the dogs with another flea thing so I still have 1 month up my sleeve i can spread it out on

If your animals have fleas then they probably also have tapeworm. Revolution doesn't do intestinal worms only fleas and heartworm. You will need to use an all wormer as well for all the dogs.

Edited by cavNrott

Revolution is Not recommended for breeds that are Ivermectin Sensitive Unless they have been DNA Tested and are Clear of the MDR1 Gene( breeds include Collies Rough and Smooth, Border Collies, Aussie Shepherds, Bearded Collies,Shelties, Akitas, Sighthounds and crosses of these breeds) as it contains as relative of Ivermectin.

It can be Fatal if given to a dog that is Ivermectin Sensitive.

If anyone wants any further info please PM me your email address and I will email you plenty of Info to show your Vet as a lot of Vets do not believe owners unless they can show them something in writing

Edited by InspectorRex

Easy Peezy.

If you had bought your Sentinel Spectrum from PricelessPets you would have paid under $66 for it.

I dont think we have that here??? Ive not heard of that place, Im in perth, where are you?

Easy Peezy.

I dont think we have that here??? Ive not heard of that place, Im in perth, where are you?

Go to their online shop. They will post them to you for about $5.20 I think it is.