Vomitting Yellow Fluid

skwo2

I found that Chelsea has been vomitting yellow fluid out, and it is usually a day or 2 after she has the monthly worming tablet.

I used Spectrum Interceptor for 4 - 11 kg, and Chelsea is about 5.2 kg.

I am not sure if it is related to the tablet or just a conincidence. It has happened this month, last month, and the month before.

The stuff she vomit out is just yellow fluid, no solid stuff.

Has anyone has this problem?

The bile is only because the stomach is empty. If the dog is not showing any other symptoms and is not still vomitting it might make it hard for the Vet to diagnose anything. It might be best having it checked regardless though even just for your piece of mind.

We have often biled dogs out and use salt and honey into a ball and chilled then pushed down dogs throat. However usually if a dog needs biling they like to eat grass, some graze away like a cow. However it may pay to change your worm pill just to see what happens. I like to give my dogs some weetbix and milk before worming.

I found that Chelsea has been vomitting yellow fluid out, and it is usually a day or 2 after she has the monthly worming tablet.

I used Spectrum Interceptor for 4 - 11 kg, and Chelsea is about 5.2 kg.

I am not sure if it is related to the tablet or just a conincidence. It has happened this month, last month, and the month before.

The stuff she vomit out is just yellow fluid, no solid stuff.

Has anyone has this problem?

Skwo do you give her the whole tablet or half of it?

The parts of Sentinel that cover intestinal worms are not systemically absorbed, so they kill parasites by passing through the intetines and causing their effects locally. This does mean that they sometimes act as an irritant and cause vomiting. If you're only seeing it after dosing with Sentinel, then I would say that it is related. You can mix Sentinel in food if you need to.

The parts of Sentinel that cover intestinal worms are not systemically absorbed, so they kill parasites by passing through the intetines and causing their effects locally. This does mean that they sometimes act as an irritant and cause vomiting. If you're only seeing it after dosing with Sentinel, then I would say that it is related. You can mix Sentinel in food if you need to.

I use Sentinel Spectrum without a problem.

I think she said she was using Interceptor. Would that have the same effect?

My mistake - serves me right for doing too many things at once (eating lunch at work, while posting, answering the phone, researching and writing records, lol).

Interceptor Spectrum still contains praziquantel which covers tapeworm, just not lufenuron for fleas. May not be related to this situation at all, but is commonly why dogs vomit Drontal etc.

My mistake - serves me right for doing too many things at once (eating lunch at work, while posting, answering the phone, researching and writing records, lol).

Interceptor Spectrum still contains praziquantel which covers tapeworm, just not lufenuron for fleas. May not be related to this situation at all, but is commonly why dogs vomit Drontal etc.

Thanks Rappie.

Before Sentinel became 'Spectrum' I used to give Drontal every few months and the dogs always vomited. They've never vomited since they've been on Sentinel Spectrum though.

I give Chelsea the whole tablet.

Next time give her half Skwo. At 5.2kg, a whole tablet is double the dose she needs. Provided you keep her weight no greater than 5.5kg, half a tablet will be a correct dose. If she get's heavier, give her 3/4.

• 1 month later...

Without disputing any of the good advice already posted. We had a dear little female Shihtzu, Jess, who threw up yellow bile her entire 15 years, off and on. EVERY time she visited the vet, we asked about the problem, with no advice forthcoming. I believe, however, it had a lot to do with diet. This is something I have recently twigged onto, because our current male Shihtzu has a vomiting problem also, but not the same. But comparing the two, I truly believe, simply because Jess used to eat, as well as her dog food, everything we ate. Curry and chilli meals were her favourite. I mean that would make any self-respecting dog sick. Reflux - that is the answer. Keep the diet, low-fat, low spice, low salt.

my girl gets quite a lot of reflux - always after a drink she knda burbs some back up again - shes getting better as shes getting older - if she eats her chew bones too quickly so will sometime chuck up the little pieces during the night and re-eat them....

sounds like in this case the wormer is upsetting her tum a bit

my girl gets quite a lot of reflux - always after a drink she knda burbs some back up again - shes getting better as shes getting older - if she eats her chew bones too quickly so will sometime chuck up the little pieces during the night and re-eat them....

sounds like in this case the wormer is upsetting her tum a bit