Nutro

Hey all... Iv gota do something eles for my bitch's weight.. She on royal canin adult.. iv cut her back iv tried eevrything.. So its time to change they arnt very active dogs as they r inside all day.. Iv sent an email to nutro but 6 months im still waiting for samples... so im just going to buy the darn thing :)

would a light kibble be the way to go? Royal canin is a great food dont get me wrong but in my eyes her weight isnt going no where.. and iv gota do something more about it..

I Was thinking

ADULT LIGHT FOR OVERWEIGHT OR LESS ACTIVE ADULT DOGS

Rich in Lamb and Rice, this has been formulated with reduced fat and calories to help control excess weight gain whilst maintaining complete and balanced nutrition with high palatability. It is also specially formulated for dogs with a food sensitivity. Is this ok to feed a dacy? cos it does have a lab on the front lol

To me she isnt loosin weight..

Thanx in advance :rofl:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you weigh her weekly?

If she's not losing weight and has no medical problems, she must be getting too much food, still, and/or not enough exercise. Be careful exercising an overweight dog.

By all means go the "light" dry food if it's your preference, but also cut portion size. Whatever's on the packet is only a guide. Your eyes and the scales are the real test!

Can you weigh her weekly?

If she's not losing weight and has no medical problems, she must be getting too much food, still, and/or not enough exercise. Be careful exercising an overweight dog.

By all means go the "light" dry food if it's your preference, but also cut portion size. Whatever's on the packet is only a guide. Your eyes and the scales are the real test!

I agree PW. I never feed the amount stated on the feeding guides. I don't weigh my dogs. I always go by sight and feel.

I have had my two on Nutro light now for a few weeks it is the only food I have found that is controlling my boys weight, for the first time I am making inroads in him losing weight I would recommend it highly :rofl: I dont know where you are located but you can buy it at Feedmania at Browns Plains, Logan.

It's not worth trying the RC Adult light?

However Nutro is also a great food :rofl:

Didnt know there was one? lol link?

As for treats she gets none.. As for going by what the food packet says i dont go by that never have i only give her 1/4 cup of kibble with some raw meat, vegies...

Slightly off topic but I have had to take my GSD off nutro because it seems to have a high salt content.

He got a beautiful glossy black coat from it (the green large breed one) but also smelly pee and became very thirsty (was going through about 15 to 20 litres of water every 8 hours). Since taking him off it he is fine and tests have returned to normal. Not sure if we got a bad batch but I am not going to take the risk - he is too important.

Not that i know of.. she is late for her season again was due to come in ont he 10th of this month so i havent eally been walking her.. i rather keep her home...

I will go and get her checked out... But ill still buy mini light for the other dogs

Daxhound, you must have a very short memory :)

You have broached the subject of samples not being sent to you previously, here was my reply at the time

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...c=98954&hl=

You and you mother were in fact sent two lots of samples and as mentioned in the above thread we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery by Aussie Post.

Postage on samples is a minimum of $3.85 and there is never any guarantee that someone who enquires will purchase.

We know of no other supplier of Nutro who both offers free samples AND pays the postage, perhaps you need to do a google search and find another company who will send you samples, good luck :rofl:

no need to roll your eyes... :rofl: All im saying is i havent got any samples as of yet... You do get sick of waiting so i moved on..

and as for paying for samples to be sent... i would of pay extra$$ for the samples to be sent thats no prob

Im still staying with Royal canin as i didnt know they had a mini light (thanx kitkat)