Barf Patties

cassie

Hi Cazxxz, 4Paws Pet Supplies in Keilor Park sell BARF Patties. :(

Thanks Joypod!! Keilor Park sounds like it's AGES away from me, but it's only 23 km! That's as far as I drive to work, so that's easy.

Is there anywhere in the nth/west Vic Mildura/Swan Hill area) that stocks the patties? Like to give them a try!

http://www.barfcentralvic.com.au/

I've been doing some googling. This might help!

ETA: Even better: http://www.barfvictoria.com.au/distributors.html

Edited by cazxxz

So now that I have found a supplier, what should I buy? What is best for a little fatty? I'm thinking maybe the kangaroo.

I would have asked the lady I spoke to on the phone- she was polite, but definitely not in the helpful mood.

I found Phillipia (sp) and Ian at 4paws very helpful, they have always helped with stuff for my rescue dog and always willing to offer advice, helpful suggestions.

I would ring back and ask again. You might have spoken to one of the younger staff members that isnt as up to date on all the produces

I found Phillipia (sp) and Ian at 4paws very helpful, they have always helped with stuff for my rescue dog and always willing to offer advice, helpful suggestions.

I would ring back and ask again. You might have spoken to one of the younger staff members that isnt as up to date on all the produces

I haven't tried 4Paws yet - I found a supplier within walking distance, so I called them. I definitely should have clarified - I will only whinge and mention the shop's name if they are unhelpful/impatient when I place the order :laugh: . And in that case I'll try 4paws.

I make mine myself.

I'll be getting some PVC soon and cutting the tube in half so I can freeze it into rolls. Usually I make it and just freeze it in 220g balls.

I am preparing my dog's meals now, but I feed him meat and vegetables on alternate days. When my brother looks after him while I'm away, I want to use the BARF patties so he can just feed 2-3 a day. No way can I hassle my brother with anything too complicated or messy. :D

We looked into the BARF patties when we brought Buffy home, but found the amount to give her PLUS the added bones and stuff it worked out very expensive. We now make our own mixes as well as feed different bones, and the last time I worked out how much it cost, for about 500g a day, was around $1.70 per day. That's chicken frames/wings, brisket bones, off cuts, roo tails, and our mixes are mainly minced chicken frames, with roo mince maybe 2 times a week. Last time we made mixes we had about 7kg of mince, took us around 1 1/2 hours to make the mixes, but that was about 5 weeks ago now. We're almost ready to make another lot.

I just read 4paws and your reply put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :D

Hopefully you wont have any problems at the other shop.

If your not sure which ones to get you could always get a mixed variety bag and see how that goes.

It is cheaper to make your own, especially if your able to go into one of the markets egthe queen vic or even footscray market depending on where you live.

Baiada poulty in pipe rd laverton has good prices on chicken and its heap cheaper then safeway etc

I use to go once a month and it would cost be around $100 for meat and chicken and $30 for vegies and I was able to feed around 8 large rescue dogs for the month easy usually with leftover

my dogs used to be on dry food but I have swapped to the commercial BARF for about 2 weeks. I dont have time to make the BARF parties at home so I buy them ^^

The way I am feeding my dogs is 1/2 party a day for dinner, chicken wings for breakfast for 4 days a week, the other 2 days I feed 1/2 party for breakfast and 1/2 for dinner. Besides the BARF and chicken wings, they get sardines 3 times and a raw egg a week.

As I do that, I would spend around $5 a week on BARF, 50 cents on a can of home brand sardines in oil (1.68 for pack of 3 from safeway), $1 on 4 chickens wings which I normally buy from safeway or coles, whatever it costs for an egg so that adds up to $6.50 - $7 a week / dog. It works out the same price if I feed my dogs on royal cannin as I did ($36/bag of 3 kg).

Edited by no_fear5100