Out Of Dog Food, What To Feed For Tonight

MDL

Make up rice in chicken or beef stock with some frozen vegies - unsalted stock if you have it...otherwise whatever you have - and mix a raw egg thru...shell and all.

Mind you...they can go for a night without food...it won't hurt them - however they could haunt your every move and cry until you feed them if they aren't used to it :)

Edited by KitKat

Not necessarily a surprise...can also depend on where you live and what you have access to. Could be they have food delivered and it hasn't arrived by the expected date - or they miscalulated what was in the freezer when they arranged the delivery date. Could be the bag of food that the OH was supposed to pick up and put in the cupboard wasn't picked up and they forgot to mention it.

It's no biggie really...i'd just have left my dogs with a no food day...but my dogs get that occasionally.

It's no biggie really...i'd just have left my dogs with a no food day...but my dogs get that occasionally.

When looking at the broader sense of animal care it probably isn't a biggie as you say...unless it hapened on a regular basis I suppose.

I know people don't like comparisons between humans and dogs but, to me, I plan ahead so that I have sufficient food for my children and I do the same with my animals. I certainly know when I am getting close to the bottom of the cookie jar so to speak and I will plan to make sure I have something to offer. :cry:

Not necessarily a surprise...can also depend on where you live and what you have access to. Could be they have food delivered and it hasn't arrived by the expected date - or they miscalulated what was in the freezer when they arranged the delivery date. Could be the bag of food that the OH was supposed to pick up and put in the cupboard wasn't picked up and they forgot to mention it.

Could be in the same situation as myself, we buy our food in bulk, three different foods and 40kg's at a time. The pups are on a certain brand of food, we brought two big bags on a weekend and brought it home. I knew that the dog food would run out sometime that week. I open up the brand new bulk bags to find them both full of dead maggots and other very disgusting stuff. Who could have planned for that.

Then the only stockist has no more on the shelf, no one within a two hour drive stocks it and the replacement from the company took nealry three weeks to be delievered.

I could never have anticipated that happening but it did and I had to change biscuit that I was feeding.

I'd find some mince or whatever meat is in the freezer, add some vegies to it a hard boiled egg or some sardines. I would never hear the end of it , if I let mine starve, i know it's three in the arvo by the screaming demands for dinner.

Mr PW reckons the dogs are better fed than he is. I say if he ate only raw or packaged food, I'd feed him better, too :laugh:.

My kids say the same things LOL

They beleive they would be feed better if they where dogs

I have run out of food occasionally, Jewel is on Eagle Pack Anchovy, it is hard to get. I just brought 2 40kg bags to stock up

Wow... I'm kind of........... astounded............ that someone would not plan ahead and could 'run out of food' for their pets. :shakehead:

Yep I can!

But that's when I raid the freezer :hitself:

On various occasions mine have had sausages, rump steak, chicken breast, roast beef, Inghams medallions, and there is alway rice and pasta in the pantry and bags of frozen veges at the back of the freezer. Once I even had to race out for the large tub of KFC. (shops had all closed by then)

My dogs love me when I run out of food.

I think humans probably have this situation with their kids quite often.

Except that the solution is called "Pizza, Mc Donalds or Subway" etc :hitself:

I remember having to whip up an egg and adding some grated cheese for my cat one night when I was run off my feet studying and working shift work full time. He thought it was brilliant!

Except that the solution is called "Pizza, Mc Donalds or Subway" etc :wave:

:hitself: Perhaps I am just more organised then most ... I never resorted to this either with my children. I just planned ahead... when I use up the last thing and I know I need some for dinner the next day (be it for humans or animals) I purchase more.

• 4 weeks later...

Just digging up this old thread.

Well feed them some pasta and that. They liked it.

And just to let you know, it happened again. Yet wasn't enough meat left in the freezer. Well someone call the RSPCA on me. I mean, i don't have enough food PLAINED for my pets. Well i'll just have to cook something up for them then.

MDL

Guest Pandii

Naughty Naughty I'm going to call the RSPCA hahaha

just kidding,it happens, I have gone to the freezer thinking I should have food in there butI havent

Feed them what ever is on hand, pasta/rice, gravey some left over vegies

Its one night