How Often Do You Bath Your Dog?

Baby Dragon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyzer gets bathed every weekend without fail. He sleeps on our bed so i want him to be as clean as possible.

I use Aloveen shampoo and then when finished i rub the aloveen conditioner through his coat.

I use a shower attachment in the bath and he only takes about half an hour to fully dry so it's very easy.

He used to have skin problems, i was using Malaseb shampoo, i switched to Aloveen and no more problems :laugh:

Mine get bathed every month in the hydrobath. There have been occasions when Ive had to bath them myself, thats ok with little Mollie but Ellie - - - quite a fun task :laugh: I also have a spray on conditioner / pefume to 'top them up' betwen the baths..........In Summer, I may increase it to 1 x fortnightly if needed.

I don't show my dogs, but they live inside with me and sit on the couch for a cuddle etc etc.

They get bathed at the boarding kennels if they're in there, and they go in there maybe once a year if that. I don't bath them at all. They have stunning shiny healthy luxurious coats, they don't smell, and when you pat them, your hands don't get dirty. They're fed a mixture of raw meaty bones and premium kibble, and get plenty of exercise. Maybe I'm just fortunate, but I've always done that with my dogs, for the past 15 years, and I've never had a skin allergy, any irritations etc etc. In my (probaby not so) humble opinion, the main issues involved in skin disorders (apart from individual medical conditions eg allergies) are diet, washing and parasite control. Get them right, and you're half way there.

Oh, I have an Australian Cattle Dog and a Working Kelpie. Very low maintenance coats.

Audrey