Dry Food

Cazz

I saw this in another thread, what's wrong with Supercoat? It's all that Mishka eats, but I'll switch him to something else if it's better for him.

It's not like it's the only food he gets, he gets a few carob choccies, pet bones and a little cheese, not to mention what's in the cat poop!

IT is totally up to you of course.

However Supercoat has a lot of filler and there are better on the market.

If you are going to go for a supermarket food, apparently Optimum is pretty good.

I would recommend either Nutro, Nutrience or Eagle Pack.

My opinion only.

Oh and no canned stuff as it is mostly water, raw mince, yoghurt and some vegies would be better along with chicken necks, frames and bones.

My pup's eating Supercoat at the moment, but she really doesn't eat that much of it as it all gets mixed in with some vegies, mince, chicken etc.

I stood in the supermarket for ages the other day and compared all the ingredients & nutrition info on all the puppy foods. It seemed like the best one there. Had meats listed as the top ingredients and had lots of protein in comparison to the others.

However I'm sure there are plently of people here that would recommend not to feed supermarket brands.

I used to be a Supercoat fan,but in the last two years it is different somewhat.My dogs don't do well on it.I will be honest and say previous to this, it was a great food and did a wonderful job for oldies and youngens,I've had. It was a lot better then Science Diet /Advance etc.....However I only ever used the puppy formula.

If it works for you,keep using it.

Mine get Bonnie working or puppy for all and I throw in meat and veg yoghurt cheese etc throughout the week.....

Cat poo is yummy for dogs Isn't it! :thumbsup:

I saw this in another thread, what's wrong with Supercoat? It's all that Mishka eats, but I'll switch him to something else if it's better for him.

It's not like it's the only food he gets, he gets a few carob choccies, pet bones and a little cheese, not to mention what's in the cat poop!

Why don't you try Mishka on a higher premium dog food? then you can judge for yourself whether he looks better on it or not. Personally, for my dog, lower premium dog foods mean more frequent and bigger stools, plus Kobi will just not eat it (fussy shite :thumbsup: ).

If your dog is doing well on it, though, why bother changing? If you are happy with the results and your dog is happy too, there isn't really a need to change.

my dally is on supercoat special care, as he can't have red meat etc, due to stones forming. dallie's don't digest protein properly. he does very well, on very little!

however, i was feeding my other 2 on the ordinary supercoat, and they had loads each day ,and didn't look good, so they are now on bonnie, feed less, and their coat is shiny and glossy :thumbsup:

My dog used to be on Supercoat and did very well on it for 10 and a half years. Then his environment changed to another state and he didn't do so well on it. I changed foods and he's much, much better. If your dog does well on one food there's no particular reason other than health to change to another.

Edited by Sheridan

When it comes to commercial food, I think people are better off learing what the ingredients on the back of the pack mean so they can make a decision themselves, rather than just relying on what someone else says is a good or bad food.

Guest Steph & Bam

I tried a lot of the high quality premium foods, including Nutro, Royal Canin and HSD, plus many more. Bam got diarreah from all of them. He is currently thriving on Supercoat Active Adult, and until that changes I won't be changing his diet.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

This is just my experience and every dog is different though.