Hydrobath

Chocolate

I used to charge $25 for a hydrobath and blow dry or $20 each for 2 or more dogs.This was with a mobile business and was in country NSW.

ETA-this also included a good brush & furminator if required,nails clipped if needed,ear cleaned and cologne

Edited by 4 Paws

I charge $20 for a bath and blow dry then they get their 5th visit for half price ($10)

I do have some clients who's dogs are dead easy to wash and are quick to dry (eg - a boxer) so I only charge them $15.

Im not a mobile washer, people bring their dogs to me.

I used to pay $45 for someone to come out with a mobile hydrobath to wash Riley before I got my hydrobath. They wouldn't even dry him - just a quick towel dry (which does nothing for Rileys coat - he needs a good blow dry to get the hair out). I wouldn't pay that again, but I did back then as I didn't know anything about dog washing.

I wont just wash a dog. My standard service is:

Pre brush

Wash

Blow Dry

Nails clipped if needed

Ears cleaned

Cologne

Labrador for example $35.00, but this differs depending on the breed of dog.

where are you situated? in melbourne south eastern suburbs, my brother just took in his collie cross for a DIY hydrobath. this was for $10 apparently you have buttons? for wash, then vaccum up water then blow dry etc. etc. im taking my dog with his dog next time.

*BIGDOGS

Over my way they have DIY hydrobaths that are $10 most days ($2 on Mon/Tues if a member) that includes use of the hydrobath, shampoo and the blowdryer - with crates in the wash areas if needed. However it is do it yourself so you have to be prepared to get a bit damp :rofl:

How on earth can they make any money charging $2?? Surely water, elect, shampoo & wear and tear on equipment costs more than that. No wonder so many business go bankrupt.

Eta - plus they would have to pay the wage of the person maning the store??

Edited by Ari

Basically that price is for 'VIP members' of that chain store only - and it is only Monday and Tuesdays...when most people work etc so it's much quieter instore. And being DIY, staff aren't doing anything out of their normal duties other then perhaps to show people how to use the hydrobaths etc.

An additional cost can be charged if the staff member washes the dog for you using the DIY system/etc - but they'll only be able to do so if there is enough staff/it's quiet enough in store.

Our local mobile dog groomer charges $25 for one or $20 each for two. Includes brushing, washing, drying, nails and ears and we get to play soccer with her stunning GSD while our dogs are being beautified.

Edited by benny123

i charge different for different dogs...

staffys or anything smaller that a staffy with a short coat gets $25

any thing small-medium (say lab size) that fluffy or has thick coat is $30

huskys (and anything like a husky) and giant breeds with short coats (danes) $35

giant hairy dogs like newfies are $40 cause it takes so bloody long to get them dry!!!

and i probably over charge when it comes to clipping because i mostly like to just wash clipping is not fun!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Do any of the groomers here charge purely by the hour? As we are just setting up I have been interested to read this post. It has been suggested to me that by the hour is the fairest way to charge, both for the groomer and the client. If they can maintain their dogs between visits then it gets cheaper - if they come in once a year with the same tangled mess of a dog it is expensive.

I am in country SA but can't see that it could be any cheaper to groom here than in the city (possibly more expensive as we have additional freight on our consumables). I have worked out it would be approx. $30 per hour to cover costs and still make it worth my time.

Your thoughts as always appreciated.

How on earth can they make any money charging $2?? Surely water, elect, shampoo & wear and tear on equipment costs more than that. No wonder so many business go bankrupt.

Eta - plus they would have to pay the wage of the person maning the store??

I can assure that their businesses are thriving!

The profit is made by getting people into the store because the will buy other things while they are there.

I take my dogs to the groomers and they get washed, blow dried, ears cleaned and nails trimmed for $20, my choice of shampoo and cologne, my dogs are Doberman and a Koolie.

They do it any time during business hours, no appointment needed, I watch them being done and take them home.

We wash our boy whenever we go to the carwash.... they've got these funky little hydrobath rooms at the side where, just like the car, it's a DYI coin op thing :thanks:

And I don't mind getting wet because I usually do when I wash the car anyway!

• 3 months later...
I'm interested to know what establishments charge for a straight hydrobath. Do you charge for more a blow dry? What do kennels that board charge for hydrobaths? If you have to groom a dog out do you charge more?

I own a mobile hydrobath in queensland and I charge $14 small

$16 medium

$18 large

this includes nails,eyes,ears,blowdry,deoderise

and doggie treat