Furminator Vs Mars Coat King

CavsRcute

They do work differently...how i can't exactly tell you :rofl: However i find both the coat king and the furminator cut the coat of my older GSD, but work fine on my younger GSD - both long stock coats but obviously one's coat is different to the others :)

I find the Coat King wonderful for thinning out the coat without making it look awful. It sort of gets it under control! I bought a Furminator recently but I'm not at all impressed with it. Probably would suit a short coat better than a Cavalier coat. Anyone want to buy it? :rofl:

It really is a try before you buy type thing huh? I know the $60 i forked out for the coat king was a bit of a waste - it's only been used once or twice. Furminator would probably work great on cats tho...lol. I had the Furminator tested on Sabre and thought great! then tried it later on Bronx and it just cut his coat :rofl: So i think i'll just be sticking to the rakes...lol

Cavs...perhaps take your darling pooch to your fav store who sells the Furminator...and ask if they will give you a demo on your dog and go from there? :):rofl: It's what i've suggested to a few people due to it being better for some coats then others :)

Mars Coat King all the way!!!

I find the Furminator's teeth is just too fine for my dogs - GSD and a BCx

Initially I bought a Furminator, and whilst you get results, the Coat King is so much better on their coats!

I sold my Furminator and bought a Coat King......... no turning back!

I know that a GR person on this forum has a Furmi and then got to try a coat king of a friends and said the coat kings was quite a bit better - yet I don't know much about cav's - do they have a significant underciat!?!? If not perhaps a furmi is the better choice!?!?! :rofl: Yet the other arguement would be to get a coat king as that they have so many different blades for their brushes to suite all different breeds - so perhaps check out the one best suited to a cav!?!?!

Edit - my gr would snap at me if I used a normal slicker so I think either is a better alternative :rofl: LOL!

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

I find the Coat King wonderful for thinning out the coat without making it look awful. It sort of gets it under control! I bought a Furminator recently but I'm not at all impressed with it. Probably would suit a short coat better than a Cavalier coat. Anyone want to buy it? :rofl:

Yes I would be interested in buying it, at the right price. I want one for the GAP greyhounds, to get them all spiffy looking before they go to their new homes. How much will you sell it for?

Guest Amy Rose

We recently got a Furminator at work. I am in love and won't let anyone else touch it. :rofl: I'm thinking of buying a Coat King for myself, as my dog sheds like a mofo (yay for JRTs!) and the furmy is pretty good on his coat, but is a tad too expensive to justify getting one. Is there a price difference between the Furminator and Coat King?

Thanks for all the replies.

I use a Coat King at the moment and it does get rid of a lot of fur but I have found if you do it too much it will cut the coat..

If the Furminator takes it out by the roots that might be better for her.

She has fine hair but a lot of it :rofl: I'll try and find someone who will let me borrow there's for a comparison

<So Gretel, you don't think the Furminator would be any good for my heavily coated tri colour Cavalier. The one that you know and love >

No I really don't think it would do much at all for her coat. If you happen to be coming up this way at all soon you are welcome to try mine (if I don't sell it to Greytmate first!).

I'll just work out how much I paid for it Greytmate and get back to you. It's for a good cause :rofl:

Thanks for all the replies.

I use a Coat King at the moment and it does get rid of a lot of fur but I have found if you do it too much it will cut the coat..

If the Furminator takes it out by the roots that might be better for her.

She has fine hair but a lot of it :thumbsup: I'll try and find someone who will let me borrow there's for a comparison

Both have their uses, I groom a ruby Cav, he has the ferminator on his body to pull out the excess paler undercoat and the coat king is useful for thining out his bushy bum.

I just spotted this thread, I have two young lab bitches that are dropping their coat after their first season, the hair just won't let go! So I actually just ordered a FURminator, should get it today - hope to buggery it works!!! :thumbsup: Anyone tried a furmi on a lab?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the large furmi for my GSD and the medium for the cat and they turned up yesterday - OMG they are brilliant. We watched the video of the furmi so took the GSD down the beach and the fur covered about 100m's up the beach there was soooo much of it. I feel really bad becasue I didn't realise how much coat was being left in him with the obviously very poor grooming I have been doing.

This thing is truly amazing! I don't know how it would be for a show coat, but I can't see it cutting any fur, seems to be just removing it from the undercoat. He looks a lot thinner after his groom and then a bath today, but he also looks the best I have ever seen him.

I couldn't recommend the Furminator highly enough - JUST BRILLIANT!

The pet shop next to Mt Waverley station sells them and the pwner is using a small furminator on her dog and you can request to try.

We tried that last year, but didn't end up buying because hubby was a bit shocked with the amount of hair that was pulled out from the lab in the video and the demo the pet shop did on Tsar. He just thought it's cruel to pull dogs hair out from them like that so didn't let me buy. Another concern is to clean up the amount of hair on the floor after use, he certainly is not letting me do it in the house or on the property! :D

I'm still thinking of getting one! :D