Do It Yourself Vaccines

Ker

I was recently on vetshed buying my usual supply of flea and worm treatments and I noticed they had vaccinations that you can buy and do yourself now. Has anyone does this? They have the vaccs for parvovirus and Bordetella bronchisepta (says it vaccinates against a component of kennel cough.

Has anyone had any experience with DIY vaccinations?

Tou can vaccinate against parvo but when its time for the annual C3 or 4,5 you will be doubling up. The problem with the KC vacc is its mostly needed to kennel dogs and you need a vet certificate which you wont have if doing it yourself. I have heard of rescue people using the parvo vaccine for pups just out of the pound or on arrival to the pound if they are getting resuce but thats about the only time its probably useful.

Parvac is only for Parvo. Canvac BB is ONLY for the Bordatella component (bacterial) of Kennel Cough. Completely useless in my books either of these, and because they have not been administered by a vet you CANT claim your dog is vaccinated or produce a certificate. Dont see the point your dog isnt completely covered.

Tou can vaccinate against parvo but when its time for the annual C3 or 4,5 you will be doubling up. The problem with the KC vacc is its mostly needed to kennel dogs and you need a vet certificate which you wont have if doing it yourself. I have heard of rescue people using the parvo vaccine for pups just out of the pound or on arrival to the pound if they are getting resuce but thats about the only time its probably useful.

Alot of breeders use these self administering Parvac shots. They believe that Parvo vaccine doesnt last for 8-10 years in the dogs system like Distemper, hepatitis, etc does.........

People who Titer test do it so as to give only a distemper shot if the titers showed low levels of Distemper, or Parvo if low levels of parvo shows up, or Hep if low levels of hep shows up etc etc.....They Titer so as to not innundate the dogs immune system with unneccesary cocktail of vaccine that can & does cause disease & disorders due to being given annually unneccessarily.

I used the parvac one on Fern when she was a puppy. I used it between the C3 6 week shots and 12 week ones. Gave it to her at 10 weeks and actually put back the 12 to 14 weeks. Also gave one to the other dogs at the same time. Once Fern has had her booster in Feb she'll only be getting parvac. I don't believe in multiple vaccination shots every year.

Have only done F3's with kittens myself - and you just print up your own vaccination certificate with the label from the injection as proof of vaccination, same as some vet certificates do.

This way the new owner has the batch number etc if there are any problems as well.

However, it only saved me ten bucks per vaccination, and I didn't get a vet check up on heart etc this way, so I haven't bothered since.