Let's Talk Shit :d

Winterpaws

I clean up a virtual earth tone rainbow in the boarding kennel. From dogs who are eating more or less the same thing. Apart from very black stools associated with internal bleeding, I can't say that I've noticed any relationship between health and pooh colour.

Dogs being fed mostly bones will have lighter coloured poos - light green/yellow/cream. These poos are very dry and crumbly too. Quite normal considering what is going in. Whether your dog is getting enough oil will be evident in the coat. I have the shiniest black labs you've ever seen but their poos will be dry the day after they eat meaty bones.

The colours in cheap kibble are evident at the other end too.

I clean up a virtual earth tone rainbow in the boarding kennel. From dogs who are eating more or less the same thing. Apart from very black stools associated with internal bleeding, I can't say that I've noticed any relationship between health and pooh colour.

Em, we often get very dark stools. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my BC has what i consider "normal" coloured faeces, however, he has a couple of bowel movements a day. Are they like humans and this may be considered a tad abnormal?

Each stool is firm.

:rofl:

All my dogs go twice a day.

However I split their food into morning and night feeds so maybe this accounts for it.

I will have to ask OH as he picks it up! I do know that sometimes it is shades of flouro pink and yellow!! Bronson likes to eat OH's ear plugs. :rofl::)

;) :p OMG, so does Vinnie if he gets hold of them. Occasionally there is a poo with a bright orange earplug in the middle.

Em, we often get very dark stools. Should I be concerned?

Are you feeding roo meat?

Digested blood in stools is not dark brown, it's black.

Blood that comes from the lower intestine hasn't had time to be digsested and looks like blood on the outside of the poop.

Hi

We had another Akita puppy here for a while to help out Friends.

She was fed exactly the same as our dogs but her stools were always a lot lighter in colour.

I asked our animal natropath Patricia the reason was she had gas in the tummy so we made her eat a lot slower and gave her digestive drops prescribed by Patricia.

Our dogs always get the drops in evening meal.

Fantastic stuff. Stools are always firm and good colour.

Malisa

My two eat eukanuba {think thats how you spell it} vets diet responce as it is

potato based as milo is allergic to anything with the slighest touch of chicken in it and vomits.

We were having natures gift as there are the beef ones and other types than chicken but in little

tiny writing it states there is chicken in them aswell.

So they have that eukanuba and cat tuna mixed with it and loved that and marrow bones to chew on.

Now getting back to the poo theirs is very dark almost black but very healthy little dogs.