Trialling Goals For 2008

ness

Mine are pretty simple, so they should be achievable.

Whether they are achieved is probably down to me.

Obedience. Last year I was thinking I could get Ebony into CCD and get at least one leg - we did not quite manage that but we did finally get through the classes at the club so we are now in trialling class, so I think it is a possibility this year, so I will set that aim again.

Endurance. This year I am going to see if I can actually do a bit better than just starting a thread about ET training and taking her for a couple of runs :laugh:

The big problem this year is that I started the training and finally had to admit that a. I have got older in the last 7 years and b. Having done no running for the last 7 years has affected my fitness. I am serious about this - I am going to go and buy a new pair of runners and one of my new year's resolutions will be to do more running and get fitter.........which is just as well because:

Agility. I might give it a go this year. I think it is within Ebony's intellectual capabilities and she would enjoy it and we think Jonty would enjoy it too so I have been earmarked as the handler for that.

Herding. I would dearly love to get enough control and confidence to be able to do PT - but I will only be attempting it if we can do it well because there are so many BCs and Kelpies doing herding and so few GSDs that I want us to stand out for the right reasons.

Frisbee. If I could just get her to look at the thing ... and maybe chase after it ..... then I could work on her bringing it back .... and from there it is a small step to catching it ... jumping and catching it ... running 40 m leaping through the air in a graceful arc and catching it mid-leap, then racing back to deposit it at my feet. Oh OK - we will probbaly do nothing in frisbee :wave:

Cheers,

DagBoy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 my dogs got 5 titles, Bella got SPD, GD, ADX, JDX and became BISS Champ Wameika Dentelle SPD GD CD ADX JDX O-NCC S-NAC S-NJC. Tilly started agility in 2007 and got her SPD title becoming RuBISS Champ Riverreed Hearts Nmotion SPD. I did my knee after this so did obedience with her and we passed our beginners test and will continue on next year.

2008 - I have been out of action with knee problem for some time now so my only goal is to actually get in the ring LOL - would make my dogs happy too as they LOVE agility. Would especially love to start Chazer in agility as he is loving it and training really well, even though I cannot move quickly ATM

Edited by helen

Hum goals for 2008

Well 2007 was a pretty good year we got 18 herding titles between 5 dogs plus 5 HIC's which I don't consider a Title.

So in 2008 I would like to get all the dogs working consistantly and smoothly without unsettling the sheep

Abigail to gain her Herding Championship, and to finish her HXBs Title and have a good go at her VHCH (Versatile Herding Championship) she only needs 5 passes over 70 in HXBd.

Bell to Finish her HXBsd and have a good go at her Herding Championship

Lad to finish all his Intermediate titles

Panda to gain her test titles and start trailing hope to get her up to Intermediate

Rebel hope to get him thru his Intermediate Titles on A & B on Sheep and Ducks

Trim same as Rebel she needs one more pass for her HSAs

Tweed will finsh his PT then will train him ready to trail in 2009

Pearl same as Tweed

So that should keep me out of Trouble also have my cats to show. And I should have 2 dogs ready to trail in 2009

Tracey

Fidelis Border Collies

Fidelis Mad About Ewe HXAsd HXBd HIBs

Aust Ch Fidelis Moonlighting HXAsd HIBsd

Astra Lad HSAsd HSBd

Perrioak Rebel With A Cause HSAsd

Sarasota Tried for Ewe PT

Superfine of Summerton Park HIC

Fidelis Black Pearl

Big Plans for 2007 :rofl:

Molly

- CD obedience title

- FDE frisbee title

- maybe AD/JD agility titles

Kara

- CCD & maybe CD obedience titles

- FDE frisbee title

- maybe AD/JD agility titles

Duke

- Aust CH title

- maybe CCD obedience title

- maybe FDA frisbee title

Oh dear :rofl::crazy: I didn't manage one thing on my list for 2007 but then it wouldn't happen when you don't even try. So 2008 is somewhat similar goals for the dogs but I have a goal for me this time.

Me

1. Get motivated!

Molly

1. Start tracking training

2. CD in obedience

3. Enjoy frisbee

Duke

1. Aust CH title

2. maybe CCD

3. maybe FDA

Logan

1. At least HT in herding

2. CCD obedience

3. FDA in frisbee

Jazz

1. Start agility training

2. FDA in frisbee

3. At least HT in herding

Frisbee - Want to get Mr CK's first title. Want to convince Xena it is a good idea to catch the frisbee - I think it might have hurt her at some stage and she is hesitant to catch it.

Agility - want to get CK up to trialling standard and get Xena's first title.

Herding - want to get CK and Xena's starters titles and CK onto through the A course. Just want to convice Xena not to eat the sheep so that she can get her starters.

Flyball (OK, not trialling, but we do it) - want CK to be up to racing standard and Xena to keep going the way she is for the nationals.

I don't want much really - just a little more work to be done here and there!

Good luck to everyone with their goals for the year.

Cheers.

Tony

My wish for 2008 is that Gambit and I can work as a team in Obedience Trials. I was working towards his CCD title in 2007 but that was not to be. We needed one more pass.

Once I get my act together then I'm sure he'll shine as his mother and siblings have done during 2007.

He will be doing his unbelievable Tracking thing during the year and I'm aiming for him to gain his TDX title (Annabell went through in a hurry and gained her TCh title and I hardly remember any of the tracks she did) so I'm doing it slowly this time.

Agility, well, hopefully Gambit will be seen in the Agility Ring some time during 2008.

Herding, with a new car I can take Gambit to herding trials and see him having fun.

I'm looking forward to the 2008 trialing season with a new outlook on myself as an owner of a delightful Aussie boy who loves being kept busy.

FHRP, I thought you were going to start Flynnie in BBQ tracking next year (this is done at all trials with veterans.. you put them on lead and see how long they take to find the BBQ).

Big Ted started trialling in BBQ tracking this year. He has his Novice BBQ Dog (NBD) and a few passes for excellent (NBDX).

By the end of next year I reckon we'll make Masters and probably be on the road to BD CH :crazy:

Cooper - 2 CD passes early next year to get CD title, and hopefully CXD title by the end of 2008

Will also start herding after 1st CDX pass

Vinnie - concentrate on his sleeping :crazy:

New puppy - start showing and maybe a CCD pass towards the end of 2008

Its great reading about everyones achievements :crazy:

I read back through the thread from last year and my goals were to start trialling regularly.

Well we managed to enter about 10 trials this year and have had heaps of fun. He got a place in 6 of the trials so i am over the moon!!!

This year I hope to get to as many trials as last year but to be a much better handler and not make so many mistakes. Hopefully OH gets his butt into gear and starts trialling his young dog too.

With my puppy, I want to enter her in a few more shows and do lots of training and hopefully start trialling in obedience the following year.

Well we got half our aims for the year acheived....thanks for last years thread to remind me :confused:

We gained two tracking champions, and skye got her PT in herding.

Obedience wise though, we didnt try too hard, we had a little flirtation in the ring with skye, but it showed up her lifelong weakness of her stays...so we threw away a few novice passes, but the last couple of months we have retrained that from scratch and it appears to have worked so hopefully she can do her CD early in the year, and then she is retired.

Beck, well we never did do endurance...due to my injury, and he never made it to the obedience ring due to his own injury....so you can guess our targets for next year :) .

2007 Achievements:

Leo - CCD, CD, JD & 2 passes for both his AD and CDX.

Kinta - no titles, but great foundation for 2008 in obedience & agility. Some classes in grps, countless RBCC and a few BCC under her belt too :confused:

I'm also immensely proud of what I have achieved in small steps with the dogs - overcoming small hurdles, adapting to living with 2 dogs and splitting up my time adequately with them. Working out how to best motivate the dogs and working with them as a team. I really feel that with both dogs we have developed our teamwork a lot this year ;). Most of all I'm proud of the fact that I can now calm down a little before a trial and see it for what it really is - FUN as opposed to a chance to fail ;) :)

2008 Hopes:

Leo - CDX, AD, JDX, SD & GD. Also would love to have some strong groundwork laid for UD (possibly ready for trialling). Love my boy, and with him, nothing is impossible :rofl:. I want to work a lot on his agility building up his speed and drive throughout the course and keeping it up there. I want him to enjoy each and every trial we enter, pass or fail so that we just have a good time out there ;-). A score of 190+ in obedience would be icing on the cake as like Ness - I know he is more than capable of achieving that score :rofl:

Kinta - Aust Ch, CCD, CD, AD, JD. Same as Leo - I want her to remain her drivey self and be able to enjoy each and every time we are out there training and having fun! I don't really have any other plans I can pin point ;)

2007 Summary:

Kira: SPD, 1/3 CDX, 2/3 GD, 1/3 SD 1/5 SPDX (and she passed her TQT)

Narmi: Early 07 first time in CD=pass then poor yellow got pancreatitis (spl?) :thumbsup:

Blush: No titles, 2/3 JD 1/3 AD and a few BCC from our venture into the show ring.

Denny: Still waiting for his first time :rolleyes:

2008 Aims:

Kira: CDX, TDX, SDPX, JDX, AD, GD, SD

Narmi: To be healthy and well - anything else is a bonus - oh and to stop digging bloody mineshafts in my lawn :)

Blush: JD, AD, TD

Denny: CDX, JD, AD

O, phooey, retrieving training and trialling is not included in the header.

Don't let that stop you LL! C'mon out with it!

I just had a look at last years thread. :) I didn't set any trialling goals...we had a great trialling year this year, so I don't think I will set any next year either (other than to actually attend more of them) & hope for the same.

We had lots of training goals that we have met this year...and some that we haven't quite met yet. I also have a new set of things I want to achieve in training next year.

My goal is to have as much fun with my dogs next year as I have had this year.

Edited by Vickie