Best Shampoo For Use In Hydrobath ? (rinsing Off)

Hi, what shampoo do you find is the best for using in your hydrobath ???

I have GSD's , and a single tank hydro, so I get them out of the bath, and then try to rinse them off as best I can.

I'm never satified though, that I'm getting rid of all the excess shampoo, even though I use very little shampoo in the hydro.

At least with the warm weather, I can resort to using the hose on them (not that I should I know, with the water restrictions), but in the cooler months, using buckets of warm water just dosn't get the desired result !!!! IYKWIM.

Soooo, what does everyone else do /use ??

TIA.

Most shampoos that are suitable to use in a Hydrobath you dont need to rinse off. Because the ratio to water is entirly different there really shouldn't be much soap if hardly any left by the time you have squeezed off all the water. Unless its causing dandruff before a show or something it wont hurt to do it this way.

I add a cup of cider vinegar to the rinse water and that gets rid of any excess shampoo and gives the coat a nice shine.

That's a handy hint :eek: thanks

Double K Groomers Edge Emerald Black Shampoo is very good - we use it at my work (dog groomers). I think its the one that has the condition in built - which leaves the coat soft and the emerald black brings out the black in the coat and makes it look shiny.

Hi, what shampoo do you find is the best for using in your hydrobath ???

I have GSD's , and a single tank hydro, so I get them out of the bath, and then try to rinse them off as best I can.

I'm never satified though, that I'm getting rid of all the excess shampoo, even though I use very little shampoo in the hydro.

At least with the warm weather, I can resort to using the hose on them (not that I should I know, with the water restrictions), but in the cooler months, using buckets of warm water just dosn't get the desired result !!!! IYKWIM.

Soooo, what does everyone else do /use ??

TIA.

Hi Strolinthparkarse

I use Fido's Free Itch Rinse in mine you wash them and let them out to dry on them it smells good, keeps coats clean and shiny. I wash mine every Sunday. :confused:

For those that use Fido's Free Itch Rinse I noticed the 500ml has $10 off at Petbarn at the moment.

I personally love the Petway range and they don't need rinsing if you use the minimum amount.They also have Cotex which is a no rinse and they've recently released a Rinse Free formula shampoo.Only drawback is Petway are only available to Groomers generally

I use a few different things - last wash day I used a bottle of Aldi shampoo :confused:

I often use wool wash. I have a dual tank, but we lost the plug that joined the two some time ago and I have not been able to find one the right size to replace it, so its being used as a single tank. I just shampoo and wash, then depending on the breed, either hose them off or use a bucket of water.

Thanks for your replies, everyone. :happydance:

They've been very helpful and interesting too.

I do only ever use such a small amount of shampoo anyway, and I add some eucalyptus oil too, adds a lovely, clean smell.

I'll keep a look out for that Emerald black Shampoo, but will get something from the Fido's range, if I cant find it.