Best Shampoo For Whitening?

pebbles

Jedda, white and black Whippet has been having a mining venture in the yard and excavated where it appears former residents have had a bonfire so now she's a grey and black Whippet. I need some new shampoo so can someone recommend one which I can buy on line (and the site) as I doubt Mildura would have any special shampoos. Thanks.

I use #1 All Systems Whitening & Brightening Shampoo, it was really good.

But I found with grooming, its not the shampoo you use, its how long you leave it on. The longer you leave it on, the better job it will do. So lather up and let Jedda sit for 10 minutes and you should have nice white bits again.

And yes the Sards is good stuff too, I always had a bar of it in my grooming business.

Pebbles I use Sunlight soap (or any laundry soap) on stains and follow up with two washes with Fidos White and Bright Shampoo. It also has a nice citrus fragrance. :laugh:

Try your local pet supplier - a lot of places stock it these days. Failing that, Vetproductsdirect and the Vetshed have it online.

Plush Puppy whitening shampoo is also good.

I have a white and black parti-coloured dog, and the method I use is one I picked up from the Chris Christensen site.

That is, shampoo the white bits with a shampoo designed for white coats, and then do the black bits (carefully) with a shampoo designed for black coats. Then rinse the lot off and condition.

I use a plush puppy shampoo for the white bits, and laser lites for the black bits (laser lites will custom do your shampoo to suit the colour of your dog.

With whites it is trial & error.

Some coats just absorb the shampoo & sends them badly blue even if diluted correctly.

The plush puppy on my boy i found to harsh,dried the coat out & was near impossible to get a make up that didnt turn him blue.

For dirty feet/hocks i use animal house & for the body plum white but for a whippy i would try the simple sunlight soap .

You can also mix Blue o or what ever its called now ,

I live on red dirt. I tend to have black & pink border collies (some people think it is their natural colour :laugh: ). I recently got some E-Z Groom whitening shampoo from Pets Network (advertise on here). It did a really good job. I have tried most of the other products mentioned on here and they haven't worked on the red dirt stains.

Thanks for all the replies - now I'm totally confused!!! Think I'll get either Sard or Sunlight, hopefully locally, and have a look around the sites for one of the other recommended ones.

Settrlvr - Mention of 'Blue' brings back memories - many eons ago I had one breed on at Melbourne Royal and Cocker Spaniels the next day. Way back then you weren't allowed to leave until 8pm. Two Hour drive home, couple of hours sleep, bath the Cocker and head out again at 5,30am. Get to the Showgrounds, get the Cocker out and his whites are a lovely shade of purple! Must have put too much 'Blue' in the rinse!!! Needless to say we didn't do any good but got a lot of 'rude' comments lol.

Guest Piximatosis

I use Dazzle Dog on Finta, her breeder recommended it as it doesn't soften the terrier coat apparently. It works really well, you have to wear sunglasses to look at her in the sun afterwards :D

We use a Horse Shampoo, White Glo? I think it's called. It's bright Purple.......careful with it, don't wear any clothes when bathing unless you have some funky plastic cat suit!

Edited by sas

If you have a good saddlery there, pop in and have a look at the horse shampoos... they should have ones for white horses, with names like "Glo-White" etc... they are great and are fomulated for dogs as well.