Parvo

Just curious to know how many breeders/rescue groups spray their yard regular for the treatment of parvo, or do you only spray it once a dog/pup has been diagonsed or you thought the dog had it even though the test was negative.

I know alot of you have quarantine areas, but when you walk your dogs, do you wash their feet before placing them back into the yard/runs? Do you change your shoes before entering these areas?

Some of the products I have heard of:

f10 Disenfectant F10SC

Virkon S

Terminator

Chlorine Bleach

Parvosan

Roccal

What other products do you recommend? Or out of those products, what would you recommend?

Also, what products do you use on a daily basis to clean the kennels/run areas hard surface and grass areas?

Do you wash your dog bowls in a special product? Or in just soapy hot water? How often to you wash their water bowls (no just empty to fill up again I mean actually wash)

Ta

Edited by I_LOVE_MY_TERRIERS

We use the strongest bleach we can buy all around the yards and runs, diluted at around 30% about once every couple of months and intermittently we scrub the runs with disinfectant and wash the dogs bedding in disinfectant as well. Just make sure that the bleach has a good full sunny day in which to dry and get rid of some smell before letting the dogs go near it. Same with their bedding - they might not like the smell.

There's something else you can get from teh vets - can't remember the name - it's green! But that's hugely expensive.

Enmark, I think the green stuff you are refering to is Trigene. It is great stuff but yes it is expensive. Our Vet gave us some when we had some Parvo-ish issues. Then we bought some F10. We also use bleach but it stinks! You can use the Trigene and F10 on the grass without killing it too. Not the bleach though.

Enmark, I think the green stuff you are refering to is Trigene. It is great stuff but yes it is expensive. Our Vet gave us some when we had some Parvo-ish issues. Then we bought some F10. We also use bleach but it stinks! You can use the Trigene and F10 on the grass without killing it too. Not the bleach though.

Trigene, that's the stuff - well done pomquest :o

I've been wondering about diy hydrobaths.

I havn't used one as yet but have been contemplating it to save my back.

I wanted to know what you would use to rinse it out with before and after you used it

or if that was done by the operators.

Or am I just being a bit paranoid??

It must be chlorine bleach, hospital grade

Normal bleach will not kill parvo

I use Trigene, I have a spray bottle in my car that I use to spray my shoes after being to the pound, I also spray my car tyres. I have a different pair of shoes for every pound I visit and they are stored in plastic sealable containers sprayed with Trigene

I Trigene my yard every 2 months.

I have had contact with parvo before

The yard that was contaminated was drenched in straight bleach, Trigene, F10 everything I could get my hands on

It killed all the grass though

The yard sat empty for 12 months, I would not let anything in there

I Trigened the dirt every fortnight for 12 months